• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Frustrated

I just have concerns with the omega mount. Have heard it referenced to the AAC 51t mount. I know first hand that the saker mount is rock solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I see more reports of issues with the MAAD mount than the ASR mount used on the Omega. People put a cold can on a hot mount and get it stuck, or tighten it down to much and get it stuck, or they don't tighten it down enough and launch the can down range. Here's a current thread on Arfcom about the issues SiCo Trifecta got me again.....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! - AR15.COM.

I personally have never had a problem with the MAAD mount, but Silencerco hasn't released any new cans that use the mount, including the Omega. It has to make you wonder if they are not abandoning or changing the MAAD system.

You bring up a good point but most of issue I have heard about from the MAAD mount could be subject to human error. I have first hand seen the Saker launch 20 feet down range. I am assuming that the ASR is on the Omega to not hurt Saker sales.
Not sure why you can put the ASR on Saker but not the MAAD on Omega. You would think they would enter change since the ASR will screw on.

You bring up a good point but most of issue I have heard about from the MAAD mount could be subject to human error. I have first hand seen the Saker launch 20 feet down range. I am assuming that the ASR is on the Omega to not hurt Saker sales.
Not sure why you can put the ASR on Saker but not the MAAD on Omega. You would think they would enter change since the ASR will screw on.

I agree it's most likely human error, but when you have so many issues with the mount, I think it's too easy to have that human error occur in the first place. Also the new Hybrid is using the ASR mount, and Silencerco has not released any new cans using the MAAD mount which makes you wonder.

And regarding using the Omega on the MAAD mount, you can use the Omega with MAAD mounts. You just have to buy this third party adapter Tar Heel State Firearms - Titanium Omega/MAAD Adapter I bought the Omega also, and I bought that adapter because I'm heavily invested in MAAD mounts. It's rock solid.

I would just wait until after July if you can't find what you want. Everyone if freaking out and buying everything they can right now but the 41f changes are not a big deal. I'm thinking prices and inventory will be good at the end of summer.

I would just wait until after July if you can't find what you want. Everyone if freaking out and buying everything they can right now but the 41f changes are not a big deal. I'm thinking prices and inventory will be good at the end of summer.

I agree. Hoping inventory levels will go up and prices down towards the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom