• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FS Cobray M11/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I have received many private messages about this firearm. Prospective buyers are asking the same questions, and so in the interest of time, I am publishing my terms.

Here is the way I do business:

The first person to make me an offer that I agree to is the one I do business with, and I agree right away to anyone who offers to pay the price I ask for. I honor this informal agreement until a written contract is made unless the prospective buyer does something that I consider bad form. If the deal with the first-in-line buyer becomes null, I contact the second-in-line, etc.

I require that the full purchase price be paid to me before the paperwork is sent to the ATF. I accept cash and cashier's checks. If cash is paid, I will inspect every bill with a pen and UV light. I do not accept regular checks or certified checks.

If the buyer wishes for the firearm to be in the custody of a dealer during the processing period, that is fine. But it must be a reputable dealer.

I am not comfortable with the firearm being sent to a dealer "for repair" during the 6-8 month wait period. This is partly because I am not familiar with the laws surrounding this option.

Taxes and fees are the full responsibility of the buyer.

If the buyer does not wish to go through a dealer, and wishes for the firearm to be stored in a location on his property, I have several requirements. For the gun to truly be in escrow, I require that

1) A change of address form be sent to the ATF so that the gun's new permanent address is the place where the gun will be stored.
2) I provide the lock.
3) The safe is up to my standards. It must be bolted to a wall or to the ground and be of high quality.

When the transfer is finished, I will mail the buyer the keys to the lock.

This last storage option is something I will consider on a case by case basis. If I agree with the buyer on this last option, I require a $500.00 non-refundable down payment. This is because of the time it will take to get the change-of-address paperwork processed.

If you have any additional questions, please ask.

CRH

"If the buyer wishes for the firearm to be in the custody of a dealer during the processing period, that is fine. But it must be a reputable dealer."

CRH,
Please be sure to check with the legality of a dealer holding onto your NFA firearm while the paperwork is being processed. My local dealer says that this is a no-no. A reputable dealer in your area is:

David Susman
2020 Grasslands Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30004
(770) 826-8800

I agree that they can provide storage if they are set up properly. I'm not an SOT, so what I am saying here is based on what my local dealer told me a while back. Maybe he is wrong or just extremely anal, but according to him a dealer can only provide storage for an NFA item that they do not legally own if they provide a lock box in which they do not have access. This is essentially a safe storage capability like a safe deposit box.

That's exactly correct. The Internet has a way of obscuring what people are trying to articulate haha.

But yes, an sot can provide a safe deposit box type storage that they cannot open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom