• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9mm can

Seen more than a couple of dead air cans self destructing on Reddit, and have heard their cs leaves a lot to be desired.

As a former Dead Air fanboy (and maybe current), I think Dead Air may have current QA problems, but their problem is similar to Kimber.

They make and sell a LOT of cans, but as a manufacturer* - the more units you have out there, the more important your MTBF becomes and despite that, the more failures you see reported.

* Edit: and of course, as many of you know, a lot of Dead Air's cans are being made by KG, so the reported reliability issues might be complicated.

@Quiet Riot Firearms and I would not buy the YHM9, they are heavy and don’t suppresses good as the Obsidian. I also would go with a 45 can so you can later suppress a 45 pistol later on.
I think the R9 sounds great on 9mm on pistols and AR9's. It's heavy on a pistol with the booster assembly though. It doesn't sound bad on 5.56 either.

I would also maybe consider the Wolfman 9 if you wanted a good 9mm can.
Steer clear of DA for the time being.

Seen more than a couple of dead air cans self destructing on Reddit, and have heard their cs leaves a lot to be desired.
Yes!!!

Also if you consider the R9 plus the cost of a booster assembly, you'll be pretty close to the price of another 9mm setup that comes with a booster. I really like the tried and true Octane 9 and Silencerco has excellent customer service.

You should also check out the Omega 36M. It's pretty versatile and decent for a multicaliber can.

I am also in the market, and have been doing extensive research. Wanting to put it on a pistol, PC9, and 300 blackout. Looking at the ones mentioned plus a couple. The Fly 9 looks nice, as well as the Huxwrx, but are a bit pricey compared to the Obsidian 9 or Wolfman.

Here's a great resource when you are looking at cans. Sort by at ear for shooter comfort, at muzzle if being quiet around others is higher pirority.

I am also in the market, and have been doing extensive research. Wanting to put it on a pistol, PC9, and 300 blackout. Looking at the ones mentioned plus a couple. The Fly 9 looks nice, as well as the Huxwrx, but are a bit pricey compared to the Obsidian 9 or Wolfman.
If it’s on a PCC the Wolfman is hard to beat. It’s just not the best can for handguns due to girth

Attachments

• CD6E1742-1970-423D-AB2E-B6E0E6EEC8D2.jpeg
    CD6E1742-1970-423D-AB2E-B6E0E6EEC8D2.jpeg
    191.5 KB · Views: 12
I'd avoid anything Dead Air right now based on all their issues, not to say you'll have any with the Wolfman.

I just bought a OCL Lithium from SS yesterday for $760+tax. It will go on my SP5 I plan to purchase in the next few weeks. I like the retro look of the straight tube can without all the extra flare on some of these tubes these days. It is a titanium can and weighs in a 5.7oz and 6" in length. So it should balance very well on a PCC and has good suppression reviews on pewscience. The R9 is good for the price but is more expensive right now than it has been in the past.

I'm a little late to this party, but depending on your platform, the AB-F4 is am awesome suppressor. However, it's one thread pitch and one thread pitch only without doing some work on it. The F4 is sub 4 ounces. I've seen some very strong feedback on the Ecco Canine as well. The wolfman is good, R9 is good, Rex MG7 is good, but on a pistol/subgun, I think titanium is the way to go. The Canine is threaded alpha, the R9 and MG7 are bravo, and wolfman is proprietary. To some it makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom