• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FT Colt, Springfield or Beretta Handgun for CCW GIVEAWAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxglock26

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
123   4
Reaction score
Item Name: Colt, Springfield or Beretta Handgun for CCW GIVEAWAY!!!

Zip Code: 30291

Item is for: Trade Only

Trade Value or Items Looking For: Valued Opinions!!!

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description:

And the winner is:

***Bobo-had***

Thanks guys!!!

Hi ODT,
So, I'm traditionally a Wheelie guy and I love my Smith's. I have a few Model 19's in .357 and Model 36 and 37's in .38 special but I'm looking to get a semi-auto. Now, the reason I love my revolvers is because the chances of jamming are little to none in a situation. But, a semi-auto would be nice to add to my collection and possibly carry as a CCW. I've heard good things about the Glocks but they feel too bulky for me. So, having shot a full size 1911 and loving the way it shoots in single action mode, which compact 1911 should I look at getting between the Colt New Agent or Commander or the Springfield 1911 Compact? I threw in the Beretta as I've heard great things about them but not sure if they make a 1911 version. Educate me like you always have ODT. Also, thinking more .45ACP over the 9mm but if you have a good argument for getting the 9mm let's hear it. Pics are appreciated as well.

As always, I'll give a great giveaway to the person that has the best argument here in the spirit of Christmas. So, let's say a $25.00 gift card to Wal Mart mailed to you? How is that? At least you can get some ammo with it right? Best will be chosen Friday night so I can get it in the mail to you Saturday so you can have it in your hands before the big day!!!

Let's hear it ODT!!!

Last edited:
You should look at the Kahr, esp if you are a revolver guy.

The CM9 is a very compact, yet full power handgun. Works well pocket carried or IWB carried, meaning you will have it on you more often, and more likely to have it when you need it.

The trigger on this gun was designed to duplicate the length and travel and feel of a S&W K frame trigger. No safety at all, just like a revolver, just a long double-action type pull.

Khar has bigger guns as well if you want a larger frame, and they are all more slender than 1911 based guns or Glocks. Look at them and se what you think.

Personally I shoot .40. I like magazine capacity high and a round that delivers a punch. If you read reports of officer involved shootings, many times officers EMPTY 12+ round magazines without realizing it. Police and military realize this which is why we issue automatics. self defense shootings will not be precise shootings. Expect to fire lots of rounds. If personal protection is your goal, .40 or 9mm will be excellent choices.

Arguments:" .40 cal. Is too snappy" -put down your man purse and grow up.
".40 cal or 9mm won't stop someone." More people are killed by small cal. Over large cal pistolss every year.
".40/9mm only kills their body...not their soul." Ok true, can't argue that.

You should look at the Kahr, esp if you are a revolver guy.

The CM9 is a very compact, yet full power handgun. Works well pocket carried or IWB carried, meaning you will have it on you more often, and more likely to have it when you need it.

The trigger on this gun was designed to duplicate the length and travel and feel of a S&W K frame trigger. No safety at all, just like a revolver, just a long double-action type pull.

Khar has bigger guns as well if you want a larger frame, and they are all more slender than 1911 based guns or Glocks. Look at them and se what you think.

Thanks bud. I actually have a Kahr K9 as I'm not too crazy about the polymer frames. Good suggestion though. I do like the trigger on the Kahrs very much. But, the Smith is still awesome in single action mode and the Colt 1911 got me a little spoiled in a semi-auto in single action mode if you know what I mean.

Personally I shoot .40. I like magazine capacity high and a round that delivers a punch. If you read reports of officer involved shootings, many times officers EMPTY 12+ round magazines without realizing it. Police and military realize this which is why we issue automatics. self defense shootings will not be precise shootings. Expect to fire lots of rounds. If personal protection is your goal, .40 or 9mm will be excellent choices.

Arguments:" .40 cal. Is too snappy" -put down your man purse and grow up.
".40 cal or 9mm won't stop someone." More people are killed by small cal. Over large cal pistolss every year.
".40/9mm only kills their body...not their soul." Ok true, can't argue that.

Yeah so I do have a 9mm in a K9 that I do like. Just threw the Beretta in as I've heard nothing but praise on the 92s and 96 models and hardly ever FTE or FTF on the Italian models. Well put.

I carry a Colt Mustang Plus II. Full metal frame, light, and fits great in my pocket. It's pretty close to a 1911, only differences I can think are: no grip safety, bushing parts, and .380 ACP. Love the thing. Colt currently has the Pocketlite and Polymer models and you can get 7rd mags with grip extensions for them I believe. As far as an actual 1911 to carry between the Colt and Springfield, I'm not sure; but definitely try to feel them before you buy them. If I'm not mistaken, get the Springer if money is a factor (usually Colt is more $). Both sound like great guns. Thought I'd throw that out there. Merry Christmas and God bless.

You might check out the SW 1911 SC - the scandium framed / bobtail variant. It's weight unloaded is really close to a plastic fantastic. the S&Ws have external extractors, which is heresy to some, but 10-8 performance seems to sing really high praises of them.

EDIT: You might also consider the M&P. The ergonomics are insane and the triggers on the newer ones, while not 1911 esque, are vastly improved. Berettas are cool, but just really big and unremarkable triggers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom