• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

FT Colt, Springfield or Beretta Handgun for CCW GIVEAWAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm not in it for card but that's no why I stopped by. So hello ODT'rs my name is Dan, Iv been lurking a bit and this post is something I really feel a need to chime in on. My experience culminates from a life growing up around guns then working for one of the largest private gun sellers in the US down in Florida. Some of you may know shoot straight. So tons of guns, vendor education programs, lots of time on range helping people, and tons of gun enthusiasts saying "hey come shoot this, tell me what you think" or my gun is not accurate (then I proceed to shoot a tight group)

So I am fond of some revolvers and understand your reservation with ACP. I skimmed over some of the suggestions and I'm going to share my experience with a few of them.

The S&W m&p is a fairly sound gun, but on the range with particular units that were shot regularly but not had over 1000+ rounds yet I have personally seen 2 have a trigger failure and the gun Smith yelling and cussing while working on said triggers when fixing. My opinion great shooter but because of my experiences would not cc.

I will say I am a poly fan. I did not like glock at all until I shot one with the ghost trigger installed. That in my eyes made it more satisfying in shooting /grouping. If bulky for your hand I would say try a Walther if you want to try. .40 ergonomics are amazing. I just sold my p99qa (only way to afford my next purchase) if you like D/A triggers the QA is what your looking for. If you want a DA first pull but SA after that (like a 1911 that's not cocked) the p99AS is amazing, the reset on the trigger is such a short distance I was amazed. A breeze to double tap etc. And they make both in a "c" model which is carried easily.

Kimber is hard to touch when it comes to quality control. They go to much higher /tighter tolerance than almost any other manufacturers. Each gun is put in a jig to test fire and if it does not group 3 round within 2" at 100 yards (yards not feet) it is destroyed. So if you are looking for precise machine Kimber is it. There cc line is great, I just don't like 45 ACP. If I wanted over kill I would buy a 10mm and be done with it.

Now, for the gun that changed my world. Springfield EMP. this gun made me review and revise my opinion of 1911 style guns and even what round I would be comfortable carrying. I shot a EMP 9mm that had slim grips and a trigger job and at a fair distance of 15 yards I was cloverleafing. My group at that distance with my p99 .40 was a 2 1/2" to 3".so none the less I was impressed. I was shooting better with this gun having never shot one and it had a shorter barrel. Took it to 30 yards next and I'll be d@m3d if I wasn't making a sub 3" grouping. If I can hit something the size of a can of coke at 30 yards, there was little recoil at all, then I feel more than safe carrying a 9mm because with that accuracy I can put 13 9mm anywhere I want. most will say you won't be able to shoot that well in real life situation but I have done martial arts for 20 years + and have been through a lot of different training including fast defense and police training that is designed on putting you through a gambit of exorcized designed to re-train your brain how to function with the adrenaline rush. I would recommend this training to any who cc.

So, if you found a gun that goes straight to a on site picture and you can shoot it well then a smaller caliber is fine. I would go as far to say I would cc a keltek PMR30. If you can put a 22mag through a scull no need to stop a body. Not to mention if it is some thug who bought Kevlar, your rounds can go through it like butter moving at 1300fps without the +p rounds. Not to mention how they don't figure out why bullets don't stop coming or after 13 rounds or so pause and when they move thinking your reloading then your ready.

So if 1911 SA is wanted, go shoot a EMP, if you want ergonomics try a p99cAS

The Kars are great guns, always carry with one in the chamber. You don't pull the slide to chamber a round on this gun, you actually lock the slide open then use the release. Not something you want to do when you need a gun.

That's my opinion, take it as you will but I hope it helps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom