FULL text of Feinstein's proposed ban, S.150 (with list of exempt weapons)

It still means a whole hell of a lot I think. Whether it passes or not, now or ever, it is still a much larger overreach of power and shows what lengths that camp would go to end privately owned firearms ownership and manufacturing in the US.

It won't go through, but is this worrisome to anyone else?

3 ‘‘(46) The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumb
hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function
5 as a grip.
6 ‘‘

So any gun with a grip essentially, or every gun currently made.

Just the title of the bill is worrisome:

"To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes."

Says who, her?

Ban on slidefire stocks, which are now considered "Weapons" despite not being serialized? So she wants to change the definition of a weapon just like that, on par with the definition of a machinegun we all know and love (piece of metal, shoestring, whatever):

"(C) Any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun."

All modern sporting shotguns are banned unless on the list. If you can screw a tube extension on it, and that tube may hold more than 5 rounds, it is not allowed. She wants to ban all shotguns that have:

"The ability to accept a detachable magazine."

And later defines that:

"The term ‘detachable magazine’ means an ammunition feeding device that can be removed from a firearm without disassembly of the firearm action."

This makes retired LEOs exempt from the entire bill, including magazine limits:

"...the possession, by an individual who is retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving a firearm, of a semiautomatic assault weapon-"

Last edited:
I am a patent broker, and the language in this law is so incredibly ambiguous there is no way she should have been allowed to submit it. This bill, or similarly worded bills would give the courts the power to interpret the law as they saw it, not as it was passed....that's freaking scary, especially considering the natural bent of the language.

*****Make no mistake, this law has almost NOTHING to do with "assault weapons".*****

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-25/assault-weapons-ban-lacks-democratic-votes-to-pass-senate.html

They are having trouble convincing a few (they list 5) Democrats of the need to regulate, restrict and ban the rights of the honest.

Biden is ever pushing a ban on commonly owned and used magazines over 10 rounds. Would this be a violation of the Heller decision (common use)?
Vice President Joe Biden said yesterday it will take “persuasion and information” to gain the necessary support to enact the White House package.
Information, information distorted, exaggerated, spun to effect.

One clear thing is when scrutinizing the anti-verses pro rights camps is the overwhelming trend of dishonesty that brings into question integrity and ethics of the anti-second amendment supporters. More distressing is the liberal (most) media that unquestionably gives unlimited air time to the proponents of those camps. The lengths at which they will stoop know no bounds.

What's the status of this separate bill?
Senator Frank Lautenberg, a New Jersey Democrat, introduced separate legislation on Jan. 22 to ban the manufacture and sale of ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.

Is there a separate bill for "universal" back ground checks, the push to ban honest private citizen firearm transfers within their own states?

I don't care if it passes or not, I'm not abiding by that crap. I'll melt em down with a torch to a ball of metal before I hand em over to her.

I am a patent broker, and the language in this law is so incredibly ambiguous there is no way she should have been allowed to submit it. This bill, or similarly worded bills would give the courts the power to interpret the law as they saw it, not as it was passed....that's freaking scary, especially considering the natural bent of the language.

*****Make no mistake, this law has almost NOTHING to do with "assault weapons".*****

Its crazy how ambiguous the limitations and definitions are. You know every word in a law is chosen for a reason and IMO it appears that reason might be to ban the manufacture of all new semi-auto firearms.

Back
Top Bottom