• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Fun encounter in Macon this afternoon

We used to actually go to Macon to PARTY! Met a bunch of friends from all over Ga there as it was central to us all. We would throw down at Whiskey River and go to the Turkey rama down in Perry. We had a ball. Would also duck hunt Juliette way back. Sounds like those days are gone in Macon.
Whiskey River still has a big for sale sign in front of it. Never in my life thought I'd see that. If I could just have 1%of the cash money that flowed through there... Across the street from it is Houston Auto Auction whic has been there even longer and owned by an old head name Aubrey Partain. He has more old **** parked out there and back in those woods than most salvage yards. He also owns a well know biker bar even further into the ghetto called AP's Hidden Hideaway. Yeah kind of a redundant name and its down in the Peach Orchard which has been dirt poor since I was a kid.
Juliette is still nice. But again, you're out of Bibb and into Monroe. If I could pick a place to buy it would probably be along Hwy 18 that runs between Forsyth and Gray. There's one spot where it crosses the Ocmulgee River that's really nice.

Oh yeah, it's gone. Whiskey River is in da hood now. I haven't been in 15 years. It was already hood back then. Juliette duck hunting is still good as far as I know.
Whiskey River started going downhill in the early 00s. But what are you gonna do, right? It was the whole area around it.

I worked in Macon for several years. The best thing about it is I-75 taking you out of there. I still have to drive thru it at least twice a week. My advice would be to slow down and mind your manners. You could get shot.

It was comfortably in my hand in the center console, but I was waiting to see what he wanted to do. He just sped off though. Maybe if there weren't so many other cars next to me. :lol:
You had better coverage than he did. You had a engine block he had a back seat. Only in Hollywood does the trunk stop a round lol.

I got to experience my first excessive road rage incident, complete with guy waving a gun. I called the popo on him but who knows if anything will happen with it. I've gotten tailgated, angry gestures, brake checked, and cussed at, but the gun waving was a first.

My fault I guess. I got cut off on Riverside Drive and honked at the guy because I had to swerve to the next lane to avoid an accident. He swerved in to the turn lane then floored it in front of me, waving a gun in the air. Mind you this is with dozens of cars on the road. He sped off in to the distance but I got a good description and the tag #.

The crazy thing is, I literally just posted about how something similar happened to a buddy of mine on Memorial weekend here in Macon.

God I love Macon.
Was it a white sedan?

Back
Top Bottom