• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Funny Issue

If you did not have enough lube on the cases you would know it, LOL. Smae as if you were using too much. The sizing die should have instuctions on setting it up. I run the ram all the way to the top and adjust the die to touch the shellholder and then go 1/8 turn more just to make sure. It sounds like you might just have some mixed brass if everything is being setup properly. Sometimes even brass from the same lot can have different lengths. Also the bench rest primers will be good to go as long as they are SR.

Now i have found that Midway has the 5000 box of CCI #41 primers available as well. Are these better/worse/no difference than the bench rest. I figure I can get more for the 27.50 fee this way as well.

Now i have found that Midway has the 5000 box of CCI #41 primers available as well. Are these better/worse/no difference than the bench rest. I figure I can get more for the 27.50 fee this way as well.

Well the #41's are supposed to have a harder cup to resist the slam fire potential of the ar's floating firing pin. I have loaded them and have found no difference.

Run the brass thru the size die about 3 times when making 300blk brass for the first time out if 223 mil cases. Sometimes the shoulder bounces back just enough to mess with you. Usually if you'll run it thru 3 times it'll be fine. And you'll only have to do this this first time, after that you should only need to run it thru once.

Back
Top Bottom