Future classics

I have yet to see a robust rotary motor in a car. Maybe their new version will actually fix it. Until then, I have no faith in the design. They do sound pretty cool though and turn some crazy RPM's!.

had a first gen rx7 with a na 12a, had 220000 miles all on the original engine and still pulled great! the first 13b's were strong too it was really just the TII and third gen engines that had a tendency to blow apex seals but there were several reasons for this. Biggest issues for rotaries is people learning how to maintain and drive them to ensure long life

buy one now double your money in five years..its on the rise..its treading up and predicted to be the next sought after Ferrari
My best friends neighbor had a 308 GTS. They bought it to "flip" it. Bought a new engine, had it installed. Well over $20K in the swap. Well, no profit so they just kept the damn thing until it got stolen from their storage facility. I dont have the stomach to play with Ferrari's yet...

I see. Again though, no stomach for the Porsche brand yet either unless its a 944 (Which looks 100x better than the 924 or 928 IMHO)
your missing the point..regardless of maintenance issues and that..these cars (may be crap) are moving up in the collector car world and are seen as potential investment

your missing the point..regardless of maintenance issues and that..these cars (may be crap) are moving up in the collector car world and are seen as potential investment
I see what you mean, but I don't want a 928 sitting in my driveway with problems and cant enjoy. Regardless of "investment" potential, I like to drive my stuff and I don't want to have have to dump crazy money into a meh Porsche. Then again, I have stubborn opinions about cars though...

I see what you mean, but I don't want a 928 sitting in my driveway with problems and cant enjoy. Regardless of "investment" potential, I like to drive my stuff and I don't want to have have to dump crazy money into a meh Porsche. Then again, I have stubborn opinions about cars though...
thats what they said about chevelles and camaros back in the 60s/70s so hind site my friend is 20/20

I can buy SBC stuff off the shelf at Advance Auto Parts. No so much with a 5.0 V8 Porsche motor.
true but they are less technically advanced than todays cars in retrospect regardless of parts..the key here is to find a good example of that particular car and keep it in a garaged and maintained until the time comes to capitalize on your investment..the people who are buying these cars are the kids of the parents that drove them in the day ...and they have felt the fondness of reliving the memory or stories of there youth

I can buy SBC stuff off the shelf at Advance Auto Parts. No so much with a 5.0 V8 Porsche motor.
My father bought a 69 chevelle SS 396 4spd 330 hp and called it a lemon..he had trouble with the carb the trans, the brakes the suspension...but that car is now worth 60/70 thousand dollars and was bought for 4000$ then

Back
Top Bottom