• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

G2 Research Ammo

bbooker

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
106   0
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with G2 Research RIP ammo? I think they are a local GA company and their videos look pretty impressive. Wondering what some real world experience may be.

I have never seen any FBI style testing of the stuff . I am pretty sure if you own it and yell it out loud in the woods animals drop dead in fear

There is a really good YouTube video review of this ammo being put to the test and the outcome/results were not good. From what I have read and researched about it I am not impressed with it or the price. I like Gold Dots and the Barnes TAC-XPD bullets.

When I get home, I will find the links to several independent tests measuring it's effectiveness in ballistics gel. From what I remember the fragments do little to penetrate your chest plate or bones in general leaving the rather small base if the projectile left to do the work. Typical standard defense projectiles seemed to perform much better in a side by side comparison.

They're a novelty, not serious defensive ammo. And 4x the price of HST or Gold Dots.

Shootingthebull410 and TNOutdoors9 both did ballistic gel testing.

Back
Top Bottom