• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga. Arms

Hmm.. they must've closed up early. Google has another number and says 4pm. I've come to realize that Academy saying stores have them in stock and "actually" having them is two different things.

Guys don't get me wrong, I'm a long-time GA Arms customer and will continue to be. That said, mid way through a mag, I had one of their .223 rounds stick HARD 95% of the way into the chamber of an AR. Obviously at that point, the weapon was cocked and the safety was locked in the off position. Tugging on the charging handle was useless. It took a somewhat nervous gunsmith a couple of hours to retrieve the round. Upon inspection we discovered that a tiny portion of the neck of the case was slightly rolled inward as the projectile was seated. It was very easy to miss this flaw with the eye, but it caused the the case neck to bulge at the roll and made it too big to fit into the chamber. I then took my entire inventory of GA Arms .223 ammo (about 2500 rounds) and ran them one at a time through a .223 chamber gauge. I found 17 more with the exact same condition. Had I tried to chamber these rounds, they would've locked up weapon again (if not worse). Granted, it is a b!tch to have to closely inspect and/or gauge every single round of ammo you just bought, but in the interest of your physical safety and your weapon's functionality, I strongly advise that you do just that.

Guys don't get me wrong, I'm a long-time GA Arms customer and will continue to be. That said, mid way through a mag, I had one of their .223 rounds stick HARD 95% of the way into the chamber of an AR. Obviously at that point, the weapon was cocked and the safety was locked in the off position. Tugging on the charging handle was useless. It took a somewhat nervous gunsmith a couple of hours to retrieve the round. Upon inspection we discovered that a tiny portion of the neck of the case was slightly rolled inward as the projectile was seated. It was very easy to miss this flaw with the eye, but it caused the the case neck to bulge at the roll and made it too big to fit into the chamber. I then took my entire inventory of GA Arms .223 ammo (about 2500 rounds) and ran them one at a time through a .223 chamber gauge. I found 17 more with the exact same condition. Had I tried to chamber these rounds, they would've locked up weapon again (if not worse). Granted, it is a b!tch to have to closely inspect and/or gauge every single round of ammo you just bought, but in the interest of your physical safety and your weapon's functionality, I strongly advise that you do just that.
PICTURES OF THE 17?

They are reloads so you do have to be a little more careful with them. Overall they have pretty good stuff. They got me through a lot of the 2013 shortage when it came to 9mm and 45 ACP. I've never shot thrie rifle loads though.

That being said, I'll take GA Arms over the garbage I've gotten from Freedom Munitions back in the day. There's whole threads on here about some of the crazy stuff they called 'ammo'.

Back
Top Bottom