• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ga. Arms

Yeah their quality is pretty bad. I can't recommend them. But some people like it.
X2. I’ve had a lot of problems with their ammo in the past. Seen them double load some 357 magnum before and blow a gun up at a range.

Used to have like 300rds of their 223 FMJ that the projectile wasn’t seated all the way. I finally threw them away because they were just sitting in a bag in my gun room. Too lazy to go up there and complain... got it in a lot of stuff I bought on here.

Guys don't get me wrong, I'm a long-time GA Arms customer and will continue to be. That said, mid way through a mag, I had one of their .223 rounds stick HARD 95% of the way into the chamber of an AR. Obviously at that point, the weapon was cocked and the safety was locked in the off position. Tugging on the charging handle was useless. It took a somewhat nervous gunsmith a couple of hours to retrieve the round. Upon inspection we discovered that a tiny portion of the neck of the case was slightly rolled inward as the projectile was seated. It was very easy to miss this flaw with the eye, but it caused the the case neck to bulge at the roll and made it too big to fit into the chamber. I then took my entire inventory of GA Arms .223 ammo (about 2500 rounds) and ran them one at a time through a .223 chamber gauge. I found 17 more with the exact same condition. Had I tried to chamber these rounds, they would've locked up weapon again (if not worse). Granted, it is a b!tch to have to closely inspect and/or gauge every single round of ammo you just bought, but in the interest of your physical safety and your weapon's functionality, I strongly advise that you do just that.
I would certainly let them know about it.

X2. I’ve had a lot of problems with their ammo in the past. Seen them double load some 357 magnum before and blow a gun up at a range.

Used to have like 300rds of their 223 FMJ that the projectile wasn’t seated all the way. I finally threw them away because they were just sitting in a bag in my gun room. Too lazy to go up there and complain... got it in a lot of stuff I bought on here.

You should let them know you have issues with their ammo. I'm sure they would want to know.

I've bought ammo from them many times over the last few years with no problems, i stop by there every few weeks and have had no issues with their ammo ever.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 64
...and here's a few more that won't chamber, but do not appear to have the same flaw. I'm assuming the cases simply weren't sized properly.

Attachments

• IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 60
I probably should mention it to them just so they can continue to strive towards producing an even higher quality product. To be clear, I'm still a customer. I bought 10mm from them at the last gun show I attended in Feb. And I'm not complaining. Ga Arms reloads spent cases, and they do it at a very rapid rate. If you haven't watched their machines in operation, you should...it's impressive! This process is not the same as loading virgin brass. The purpose of my original post is simply to make folks aware that I learned a valuable lesson as a result of using their ammo. I choose to continue to buy from them, but I take precautions that I deem unnecessary when buying new production, "factory" ammo.

I probably should mention it to them just so they can continue to strive towards producing an even higher quality product. To be clear, I'm still a customer. I bought 10mm from them at the last gun show I attended in Feb. And I'm not complaining. Ga Arms reloads spent cases, and they do it at a very rapid rate. If you haven't watched their machines in operation, you should...it's impressive! This process is not the same as loading virgin brass. The purpose of my original post is simply to make folks aware that I learned a valuable lesson as a result of using their ammo. I choose to continue to buy from them, but I take precautions that I deem unnecessary when buying new production, "factory" ammo.

A few years back I had an out of battery firing with a 10mm reload from GA arms. Wasnt pretty. Destroyed the magazine and blew it out of the weapon. Slight physical injury resulted but it could have been worse. Upon inspection cases were slightly out of spec and didnt seat fully in the chamber. Havent fired the weapon since and i will never shoot reloads again.

Back
Top Bottom