• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ga. considering use of "SUPPRESSORS" for hunting?

People that own suppressors are law abiding citizens. Do you think that they are going to risk losing their cans because they want to throw 50lbs of deer meat in the freezer on the down low?

You do know that law abiding people would turn into gangsters if they had suppressors, short rifles or full auto guns, RIGHT? Or at least that's what we are to believe.

White tail pop decimated??! What part of GA are you hunting in???! They are overunning the place down here in telfair, Jeff Davis, appling, Ben hill, and Montgomery counties! Me and my wife have hit 11 in the past year and a half with our cars! Personally I believe there should be an open season on all of them for at least a year just to thin them out. Maybe even put a bounty on them.

We work more deer wrecks then all others combined.

How exactly would the use of suppressors increase poaching? They are not silent you do know that right? Do you think the DNR only listens and then walks up to hunters? There are many more effective ways of catching poachers then just listening. Besides, deer are nearly a nuisance animal now and there is a lobby for them to be declared as such. How would less deer at this date be a bad thing?

Ken, my main point is that this will do nothing to help hunting. I concede that poachers may not be able to obtain one due to the restrictions but the antis-HSUS will blow this out of proportion. Look at the stats and you will see that most poaching charges were initiated by a citizen complaint-there are not enough DNR staff to cover ga. effectively. Have never seen anything about deer being nuisance pests since they are native to the state. Maybe wild hogs and coyotes. I take it that you are not a hunting enthusiast but hunters are as much firearms oriented as folks that just like to own and shoot guns. Decimate the deer population in Ga. and it will put a lot of folks out of work-it is a multimillion dollar industry here. I also know that a suppressor is not a silencer. Read the content of my previous posts if you need further clarification on the reasoning for the OP.

White tail pop decimated??! What part of GA are you hunting in???! They are overunning the place down here in telfair, Jeff Davis, appling, Ben hill, and Montgomery counties! Me and my wife have hit 11 in the past year and a half with our cars! Personally I believe there should be an open season on all of them for at least a year just to thin them out. Maybe even put a bounty on them.

Jasper County, Bartow county , Chattahoochee county,Cherokee county. Though not all at the same time....

Gentlemen, I don't want less deer. I do want a suppresser. Coyotes have killed enough pets and stock animals. Wild hogs have torn up much land and veggi crops. When the deer population has become a terror to neighborhood flower gardens, well what is to be said? Yes, I want a silencer. I'm not an archer.

Ken, my main point is that this will do nothing to help hunting. I concede that poachers may not be able to obtain one due to the restrictions but the antis-HSUS will blow this out of proportion. Look at the stats and you will see that most poaching charges were initiated by a citizen complaint-there are not enough DNR staff to cover ga. effectively. Have never seen anything about deer being nuisance pests since they are native to the state. Maybe wild hogs and coyotes. I take it that you are not a hunting enthusiast but hunters are as much firearms oriented as folks that just like to own and shoot guns. Decimate the deer population in Ga. and it will put a lot of folks out of work-it is a multimillion dollar industry here. I also know that a suppressor is not a silencer. Read the content of my previous posts if you need further clarification on the reasoning for the OP.

Might not help it but I doubt it would hurt it either. We get a ridiculous amount of calls for gun shots during hunting season, most just don't want to be bothered by the noise. I think hunting would be more excepted because it would be "out of sight (in this case out of hearing), out of mind"

Back
Top Bottom