• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA man arrested in NY w firearms, he's screwed

I lived in NY until 2011 and knew people with true arsenals, including a couple C&R folks. I don't know what happened afterwards, but SAFE was a huge turning point and I'm sure a lot of possessions got lost in boating accidents on central and upstate lakes.

I'll start by saying I carry all the time, everywhere I go. Having said that:

I recently traveled through several unfriendly states, Maryland, New York state, Mass, Ct, Rhode Island. I wanted to visit Vt, NH and Maine, and you can't drive to Maine without going through NY state.

I done a good bit of research before going. Whenever I was about to enter one of the states listed above, I would unload my guns (3 of them) and put the guns in a lock box in my camper, and kept the ammo in a locked box in the truck. I made sure I had a full tank of fuel before entering and didn't make any stops till I reached a friendly state.

But I would never go to NY City with a gun. They have different laws for NY City and the rest of NY state. I done everything I could to be legal in every state. We have now been to 45 of the 50 states, so far so good.

"A garage worker who spoke to the Post said Hall had been spotted “dancing” and “loitering” in the garage, leading to complaints from customers, but workers were afraid to confront him."

lmaooo
That one sounded like could been another shooter somewhere ( Oh well life tough alot tougher when you stupid) living out of car for awhile in a town will draw attention to you after awhile.

I lived in NY until 2011 and knew people with true arsenals, including a couple C&R folks. I don't know what happened afterwards, but SAFE was a huge turning point and I'm sure a lot of possessions got lost in boating accidents on central and upstate lakes.

Did you live in NY city or upper NY state ?

I moved out of NY in 2016, and yes I know lots of people with very nice collections. "SAFE" was a turning point for the state, what ever works for NYC works for upstate as well. I was at the ceremony when Cuomo announced his plans for SAFE, he was presenting the flag to a fellow FF brother of mine after his dad and another one of our firefighters were shot and killed on Christmas eve. Needless to say it wasn't well received. One of the many reasons I moved out of that state.

Back
Top Bottom