• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA man arrested in NY w firearms, he's screwed

I'll start by saying I carry all the time, everywhere I go. Having said that:

I recently traveled through several unfriendly states, Maryland, New York state, Mass, Ct, Rhode Island. I wanted to visit Vt, NH and Maine, and you can't drive to Maine without going through NY state.

I done a good bit of research before going. Whenever I was about to enter one of the states listed above, I would unload my guns (3 of them) and put the guns in a lock box in my camper, and kept the ammo in a locked box in the truck. I made sure I had a full tank of fuel before entering and didn't make any stops till I reached a friendly state.

But I would never go to NY City with a gun. They have different laws for NY City and the rest of NY state. I done everything I could to be legal in every state. We have now been to 45 of the 50 states, so far so good.

Your experience sounds all to familiar to a couple of recent work trips Ive had out in California. I had my shield with me in my van and had to stop at the very last exit in Yuma, Arizona to unload and separate everything to make sure I was compliant with Cali's transport laws. The funny thing is, the department of agriculture is the first "official" checkpoint when entering the state where every vehicle gets stopped by one of their agents as to see what kind of load your hauling. Then, as you ride along the border (going towards San Diego) the state has another fun checkpoint station setup by the border patrol but that one is in a more mountainous region along the border where they stop every vehicle entering the area. At no time was I asked to any further inspections at either spot which is all I'm concerned with entering the state.

It was called upstate NY, but it was more west central... Rochester area.

We entered NY on I-81 from Scranton Pa toward Binghamton, went through Albany and entered Vermont near Green Mt and Finger Lakes.
It was some beautiful country going through there, not what I expected.

I went and visited that sewer one time and that's all I wanted of that nasty, dirty, filthy, foul mouth hole. Let em have it. The place could burn and it wouldn't effect me one bit. Of course get all the foul mouthed people out first and ship them to Canada.

Back
Top Bottom