Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/display/20132014/SB/34

New bill in the senate...
No 2nd sponsor yet

(a) As used in this Code section, the term:
16 (1) 'Addicted person' means any person who is or has been addicted to alcohol or legal
17 or illegal drugs. Such term includes any person who has been convicted of an alcohol or
18 drug related offense, including, without limitation, driving under the influence of alcohol
19 or drugs, as well as any person who has ever voluntarily or involuntarily entered an
20 addiction recovery program.
21 (2) 'Handgun' shall have the same meaning as in Code Section 16-11-125.1.
22 (3) 'Mentally incompetent person' means any person who has been adjudicated mentally
23 incompetent in any jurisdiction in the United States.

So a DUI becomes a dis qualifier for owning a handgun!!!

Bring this one up while you are calling your state reps & senators!

Wow. It does not effect me personally but I do not agree with this at all. That is just another approach to a weapons ban right there. Negative.

The lack of any time limit on the designation of addicted makes this a horribly offensive proposal.

Of course this is being offered up by Donzella James....not the brightest bulb.

Contact your State Senators and let them know you don not support nor approve.
Past addiction from years ago and mental incompetence are two totally different issues and should not be lumped together for determining eligibility.
If you are going there , you may as well say anyone who takes suppressants or stimulants by prescription are ineligible.....so virtually taking any meds other than antibiotics would be disqualified.
This is important...definitely email the senate members and stop this monster.

Wow. It does not effect me personally but I do not agree with this at all. That is just another approach to a weapons ban right there. Negative.

Same here, and like I said before, I personally know many members of Law enforcement and Fire fighter personel who fall under these guidelines.
Not as arrest, but seeking help i.e. rehab, inhouse or other, for alcohol or prescription drugs problems, that were given and prescribed to them by a doctor.
Stress that goes untreated could be far worse.
These are not the new Joe schmo right out of the academy but seasoned veterans.
Do they really want to look that deep?
So when they choose to do the right thing, this is the payoff?
Then the next LEO who dosn't seek help for fear of retribution goes untreated, Thats gonna end well. :doh:

Last edited:
The lack of any time limit on the designation of addicted makes this a horribly offensive proposal.

Of course this is being offered up by Donzella James....not the brightest bulb.

Oh , well there ya go.
How about adding , you can't hold any federal or state or local legislative or judicial office if any of the conditions of this bill apply...that'll stop this ridiculous junk.

Just remembered, Obama says he smoked pot and used cocaine when he was younger...he should be immediately disqualified from holding office and removed since he (by virtue of his office and status as commander in chief) controls the inventory and application of millions of small arms, and high powered ordnance up to and including nuclear weaponry.

Last edited:
Some politicians are headline grabbers who will put anything on paper and introduce it as a bill. I hope the leaders in the different houses of government will see this as "fad bills" and run them through the "never gets out of committee" shredder.

Back
Top Bottom