• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA State Defense Force Opinions?

Attend the orientation -- it's a half day with no commitment. If you don't hear back from a recruiter, send me a pm.

I did a lot of homework before joining. I'm now in my 10th year, and I've enjoyed it all. Generally, the commitment is one weekend drill a month for 11 months, plus a four-day annual training at the end of September. Two of those days are usually for travel and checking in and out. Missions are voluntary, but if you volunteer you're expected to be there.

Two nice things -- there's no overseas deployment, and there are opportunities to take on different missions so you aren't necessarily locked into one type of job 100% of the time. A few years after I joined. we inherited a lot of gear, so you probably won't have to go out of pocket much except for gas and lunch money, plus some personal gear. Prior federal military service is not necessary.

If you need to play fighting soldier, there's a brigade that does nothing but act as enemy forces against new National Guard troops in combat training.

We've upped our game in recent years, and recently were awarded the Georgia Distinguished Unit Ribbon for our sustained support of pandemic relief operations.

Come and join us!

Attend the orientation -- it's a half day with no commitment. If you don't hear back from a recruiter, send me a pm.

I did a lot of homework before joining. I'm now in my 10th year, and I've enjoyed it all. Generally, the commitment is one weekend drill a month for 11 months, plus a four-day annual training at the end of September. Two of those days are usually for travel and checking in and out. Missions are voluntary, but if you volunteer you're expected to be there.

Two nice things -- there's no overseas deployment, and there are opportunities to take on different missions so you aren't necessarily locked into one type of job 100% of the time. A few years after I joined. we inherited a lot of gear, so you probably won't have to go out of pocket much except for gas and lunch money, plus some personal gear. Prior federal military service is not necessary.

If you need to play fighting soldier, there's a brigade that does nothing but act as enemy forces against new National Guard troops in combat training.

We've upped our game in recent years, and recently were awarded the Georgia Distinguished Unit Ribbon for our sustained support of pandemic relief operations.

Come and join us!

So great to hear from someone who is involved, thank you! I've got a unit that I'm interested in, hoping to hear back soon

Met a bunch at a funeral. The Major was quite pushy in wanting me to join for my experience (or for the the lack of any).
After talking to the First Sargent I knew I had enough of such fun.
But to each his own. GLWStateDefenseForce.

Back
Top Bottom