• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Game of Thrones

never watched it , not into that kinda weird fantasy stuff.

Then no... you won't like it.

That being said...

One of the best modern shows on TV was the reboot of Battlestar Galactica. My sister liked Lost a lot, which was a similar, character driven show, and I knew she'd like BSG for the story and the characters. But she isn't a SciFi person and she just could get around the whole thing with the spaceships.

I was able to convince her to look at the spaceships in the show as if they were sailing ships, and that put it in a frame of reference she could deal with. That got her past the SciFi elements and she ended up really enjoying the whole series.

Then no... you won't like it.

That being said...

One of the best modern shows on TV was the reboot of Battlestar Galactica. My sister liked Lost a lot, which was a similar, character driven show, and I knew she'd like BSG for the story and the characters. But she isn't a SciFi person and she just could get around the whole thing with the spaceships.

I was able to convince her to look at the spaceships in the show as if they were sailing ships, and that put it in a frame of reference she could deal with. That got her past the SciFi elements and she ended up really enjoying the whole series.

Supposedly "The Expanse" is Game of Thrones in Space. I watched the 1st episode and don't know if I see that yet. Also, the CGI is really bad in the Expanse and half of it looks like you're watching cut scenes from a video game.

The Expanse is a great story, although not a traditional 'space opera' like BSG was. I agree some of the CGI has been lame, but I think that was mainly due to ScyFi having no budget. Now it's owned by Amazon I'm thinking they will step up their game.

Like GoT, The Expanse is based on a book series. I just read #7, and there's supposed to be 9 total. The show is following the books very closely and they did a great job with casting the characters. So far it's right up there (for me) with GoT as something I have to watch 'live' when it comes out.

Also, if you have Amazon Prime the first seasons are available free now, and I'm assuming the next season will be free also now Amazon owns the show.

I was just trying to think if there was any underwater critters they could use... but those wouldn't help w/ Kings Landing.

On thing I don't get is when the boats were all pointed one way, and the big crossbows were all pointed up front, why didn't didn't she just swing around and burn them all from behind? Guess I need to rewatch that scene... maybe I'm missing something.

I was just trying to think if there was any underwater critters they could use... but those wouldn't help w/ Kings Landing.

On thing I don't get is when the boats were all pointed one way, and the big crossbows were all pointed up front, why didn't didn't she just swing around and burn them all from behind? Guess I need to rewatch that scene... maybe I'm missing something.

Yeah, don't even get me started...lots of folks acting - how should we say - out of character?

Agree 100%. Not sure if that was all intention, part of the plot, or just choppy writing. The whole internet is freaking because Jon didn't say goodbye to his wolf, but it did seem likes everyone was acting like idiots the whole episode.

Back
Top Bottom