• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Garand or AR

Get whichever one you want the most. This is just a hobby so have fun with it. Someday when you get serious about owning a weapon we can talk about AKs.
He just sold a Zpap. :(

Hopefully he can be brought back to the side of reliable rifles, once he gets over this plastic phase.

“suppresive fire” = “can’t aim”

Lol….combat has certainly changed and battle needs are very different now than in wwii. Some speculate that infantry tactics are becoming obsolete. But for punching holes in paper and other fun, I believe the OP would enjoy the garand much more than the AR.

Who’s saying that part? I agree with everything else. I **** you not I’m on a lane right now certifying infantry guys. They are in an patrol base so I’m bored and hanging out by the HMMWV. They are getting their asses kicked right now in rating their tactics. For those who know what I’m talking about there’s a whole lot of Us and Ps getting thrown around this week.

Who’s saying that part? I agree with everything else. I **** you not I’m on a lane right now certifying infantry guys. They are in an patrol base so I’m bored and hanging out by the HMMWV. They are getting their asses kicked right now in rating their tactics. For those who know what I’m talking about there’s a whole lot of Us and Ps getting thrown around this week.

oh crap, godspeed man.

The original AR...

carbine.jpg

oh crap, godspeed man.

It’s rough, not going to lie. I’ve been drinking about 12 bottles of water a day. It’s brutal. I go back to the hotel for about 6-8 hours a day. These jokers are out here for 15 days straight getting lost in the woods and plopping down wherever their commander tells them too.

Whoever decided to do training in Savannah in June is either stupid, expects and wants the best from their Soldiers in a realistic training environment, or is a psycho. Lol

Have a pre-CMP Garand. Have not shot it in 4 years. Will probably not shoot in another 14 years. Shot my ARs and CetmeLs last month. Will shoot them next weekend.

Garand history is great. Practicality is 0.

I have significantly more fun shooting my Garand compared to my AR. They're practical but boring, unless there are issues with your AR I would diversify. although M2 Ball is not cheap at the moment.

This is coming from someone who prefers Black Powder over either option though. The most "practical" guns don't necessarily make the best range toys

Reactions: GFB
I have more than one AR so would be tempted to buy the Garand. I've never owned one but have shot a couple. They are pretty cool, especially for someone my age whose uncles fought in WW2 and grew up watching all those war movies.
But would I ever shoot it? Probably not much. Would either of my sons be interested in owning it someday? Probably not.
In this environment I'd probably spend the money on mags and ammo for the ARs, maybe a couple of spare lowers.

Back
Top Bottom