• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Garand or AR

Here’s my situation boys. I have an opportunity to get a really nice Garand for 1000$. However, I only have one AR in my Arsenal and it’s a mid level AR. I don’t know what the wiser choice to get is seeing is I never have cash to spend on guns. I’ve always wanted a Garand but see the need for a second AR in my collection. What’s y’all’s opinions?
What AR do you currently have?

I currently have a Ruger AR556

Despite all the fuddacious ridiculousness getting vomitted out of this thread, with an AR like that, you can be as effective as you would reasonably need to be with the right optic and maybe a nice trigger if you're feeling froggy.

I'd go with the Garand and get your "gucci" or specialty AR later.

I currently have a Ruger AR556
If you only have 1000 dollars to spend I think your best option is to go with november sierra's advice
In all seriousness, this is what I would do: Buy the Garand, flip it, sell your current AR and get a nicely set up AR with the amassed funds. Thank me later.
Of course wether you sell the Garand or keep it depends on your intended use for it, if you want a Garand to fill a role the AR is intended for - sell it and buy a decent AR (BCM, SoLGW, etc) and the gear needed to use it efectively, and practice with it. If you just want to go to the range and shoot for fun (or just wanna buy guns to look at, and fondle occasionally) it doesn't matter at all what gun you buy, just get whatever you'd like to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom