• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Garand or AR

So your AR is "mid level" - as in "jams all the time", or "it isn't one of the big name brands that make people think I'm cool?"

You have an AR. It's a tool. If it works, it works. Do you need a shinier, prettier, more expensive hammer?

If the AR you have is reliable and accurate, and you have all the ammo and magazines you think you'll need, I would spring for the Garand. They aren't making any more of them.

Mine is one of my favorite rifles to shoot. Sling up behind it, and it feels 'right'. With that said, if it's the zombie apocalypse, I won't be taking it. It is long, heavy, and has low magazine capacity. But it is cool, and I love to shoot it.

I was fortunate enough to meet this Great American a few times before he passed.
he swore by M1 and M14
combat duty in World War II , Korea and Vietnam

2A6BA378-9534-4F54-99C2-B0BA29744FB4.jpeg

I was fortunate enough to meet this Great American a few times before he passed.
he swore by M1 and M14
combat duty in World War II , Korea and Vietnam

View attachment 4411894
History baby!

When my son fired his M1 Garand for the first time (Got it for his Eagle Scout at 15 hand picked at our first trip to the CMP) after 3 rounds he said, "Damn, Grand dad was a bad ass". My Dad served in the Infantry in Europe after D-Day and was wounded in Belgium.

Wow! A whole 3 seconds of suppressive fire power right there! AAAHHH-MAZING!

Lol….combat has certainly changed and battle needs are very different now than in wwii. Some speculate that infantry tactics are becoming obsolete. But for punching holes in paper and other fun, I believe the OP would enjoy the garand much more than the AR.

Back
Top Bottom