• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Garand or AR

I bought a Garand that had been re-barreled in .308. It needed work, so I took it to Steve Edwards for accurizing. Before I took it, best I could do was a 5 inch group at 100 yards, the sights were stripped out. After he accurized it, I was able to do a 1 inch group at 242 yards, using the peep sight. I was 66 years old at the time.

Here’s my situation boys. I have an opportunity to get a really nice Garand for 1000$. However, I only have one AR in my Arsenal and it’s a mid level AR. I don’t know what the wiser choice to get is seeing is I never have cash to spend on guns. I’ve always wanted a Garand but see the need for a second AR in my collection. What’s y’all’s opinions?
You probably won’t enjoy shooting the Garand as you do the AR. Be patient and wait for a better opportunity

I bought a Garand that had been re-barreled in .308. It needed work, so I took it to Steve Edwards for accurizing. Before I took it, best I could do was a 5 inch group at 100 yards, the sights were stripped out. After he accurized it, I was able to do a 1 inch group at 242 yards, using the peep sight. I was 66 years old at the time.

Steve is a magician, i’ve had similar experiences with his work :thumb:

Here’s my situation boys. I have an opportunity to get a really nice Garand for 1000$. However, I only have one AR in my Arsenal and it’s a mid level AR. I don’t know what the wiser choice to get is seeing is I never have cash to spend on guns. I’ve always wanted a Garand but see the need for a second AR in my collection. What’s y’all’s opinions?
DEFINATLY A GARAND

Gerand only since you seems to want one + you an AR :cool: already.

If you do not like it then sell it and make some $$ given its a good deal then get yourself another AR

Back
Top Bottom