• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Garmin Xero Chrony

tred1956

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
58   0
Reaction score
Garmin Xero just dropped today. Price $599.99 Just ordered mine. In stock and shipping this morning from Midway. Says it will be here 10-26.Small easy setup. Been getting good reviews from beta models.

Safe shooting
Doug

List of features from Midway:

Measures medium-and high-velocity projectiles from 100 fps to 5,000 fps for bullets, arrows, bolts, slugs, birdshot, paintballs and airsoft BBs
Easy to set up and simple to use; turn it on, point it in the right direction, and shoot within roughly 15" of the device
Compact design is easy to transport since it fits in your back pocket
Features an easy-to-read, backlit display
Button-operated design is simple to use
Up to 6 hours of battery life give you plenty of time at the range
Pair with your smartphone, and use the ShotView app to record results and keep track of your data: compare velocity for every shot

Dimensions

Without Tripod: 3.03"W x 2.38"H x 1.36"D, weighs 3.72 ounces

With Tripod: 5.1"W x 4.5"H x 5.5"D, weights 5.68 ounces

Link:
https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...026417171?pid=973474

I noticed a few of the other brand chronographs popping up in the for sale section. I'll get a Garmin one of these days. Hoping it works well compared to a few of my other Garmin units (GPS). Usually they are pretty good with their electronics. :)

I'm assuming this, like the labradar, is sensitive to shooters next to you and will pick up their shots?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm assuming this, like the labradar, is sensitive to shooters next to you and will pick up their shots?

This is one of the things it is supposed to eliminate. It has been in beta test for a few months and all I have read say it is not affected by other shooters.

This is one of the things it is supposed to eliminate. It has been in beta test for a few months and all I have read say it is not affected by other shooters.
That's great news. I was considering the lab, but will get this Garmin instead.

I watched a video review and they had at least 8 or 10 shooters lined up on the shooting bench, each with their own Garmin and no problems with picking up each others shot. I was looking at getting the labradar because I let someone talk me out of mine but I think I will go with the garmin if I can ever find one in stock. Midway shows out of stock on them.

I think they just started shipping this week, so likely to be hard to find in stock for a few weeks would be my guess. I'll wait a bit and see if they perform as advertised but so far they seem to be the real deal (suppressed 22lr thru big bore, minimal setup, nice for indoor and outdoor ranges, pistol and rifle, etc)

Back
Top Bottom