• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas Grill suggestions, reviews

My current Weber Genesis is still like new after 3years. Sits on the deck year round. It replaced a Weber Genesis that was 14 years old and still cooking. They are pricey but worth it.

Depending on who your gas supplier is, some of them sell grills. I did that at one home years ago. Interest free and billed monthly on my gas bill.

I'd vote Weber, and their parts and after sales support is way beyond my expectations. I sent an email question on a Sunday morning and received a detailed personal reply referencing the part # I needed, price, and ways to order within 2 hours. I couldn't have been more impressed.

A friend vouched that this level of service was also provided for models several years out of production.

Weber 100%. My current genesis is 8 years old, stays outside year-long and runs like a champ. My previous a Silver series was purchased in 2001 and is still in service with the parents, although new burners etc as I gifted it to them when I moved to the middle East. They are expense up front but are worth it if you plan to keep it.

I own a Weber Genesis E-310 and a Large Big Green Egg. You can’t go wrong with either from a quality and customer service standpoint. They both look brand new and I’ve had both of them for 3 years now. Both sit outside with a cover. My father in law still has his Weber 300 it’s 8 years old and still works like a brand new grill.

Flavor bars will rust. Go to bargain hunt and you can get a brand new set for $15. Everyonce in awhile you can find a Weber grill light for $9-$12.

Also, because everyone can use more “Tools” I recommend grabbing a Blackstone griddle. I just picked one up and it’s a perfect companion to my Green Egg.

I've got a Weber Genesis Silver-- 12 years now and I have replaced the "flavor bars" and the grates with Gill Grates.

But I won't ever buy another propane grill unless it has some sort of sear burner. You just cannot get enough heat to properly cook a steak otherwise. I put the grill grates directly on the flavor bars, to try to get the heat up and it's marginal at best. The gas grill makers admit this-- they need air flow for safety, and this prevents them from getting really hot. So get one with the sear feature.

BTW-- the right way to cook steaks, for anyone interested, is to heat them in the oven gently up to 100 degrees internal, then sear the outside on a HOT grill... By the time you have a nice Maillard outside, you'll have hit 135 internal, and you're done when you reach that measured 135. If you eat them well-done, well, save the trouble and just throw them on the grill. And don't invite me over. : )

Best info site for all things bar-b-que? https://amazingribs.com/ Actual science, not old wives' tales. Lots of good info on grills and smokers.

I've got a Weber Genesis Silver-- 12 years now and I have replaced the "flavor bars" and the grates with Gill Grates.

But I won't ever buy another propane grill unless it has some sort of sear burner. You just cannot get enough heat to properly cook a steak otherwise. I put the grill grates directly on the flavor bars, to try to get the heat up and it's marginal at best. The gas grill makers admit this-- they need air flow for safety, and this prevents them from getting really hot. So get one with the sear feature.

BTW-- the right way to cook steaks, for anyone interested, is to heat them in the oven gently up to 100 degrees internal, then sear the outside on a HOT grill... By the time you have a nice Maillard outside, you'll have hit 135 internal, and you're done when you reach that measured 135. If you eat them well-done, well, save the trouble and just throw them on the grill. And don't invite me over. : )

Best info site for all things bar-b-que? https://amazingribs.com/ Actual science, not old wives' tales. Lots of good info on grills and smokers.

Who don’t love a good reversed seared steak?

Back
Top Bottom