• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas or electric stove

Gas, gas, gas.....All the way. My wife and I grew up on electric. Our first house had a gas oven and range combo. My wife thought that she would want electric. Well @ 35yrs went by and we moved to a house with an electric range. Now she wants a gas range. Turns out she likes gas better now. You have more even heat and it's instant. It also cost less to cook on gas vs electric. If the power goes out, you can still cook. On the oven, doesn't make as much difference. But gas would be the preference

I never thought about when the power goes out. That's a damn good point. 2 years ago almost our whole town lost power for 8 hours, starting around 4am THANKSGIVING Day...

Disregard if you're on natural gas.. but read on if you require propane appliances.

New gas appliances are generally sold by the manufacturers with the larger-diameter natural-gas orifices NOT the smaller-diameter propane orifices

That job usually falls to the appliance-delivery guy to performs this orifice swap at the homeowner's residence.. and that "delivery guy" has almost no proper training.

I've only had so-so success with the propane orifice install being done correctly by Lowes/Home Depot delivery people.

View attachment 6990290
How bad is it if you have the natural gas orifice (that sounds so bad 🤣) and you're on LP?

Back
Top Bottom