• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas or electric stove

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
I've only ever had electric. But I've been thinking a lot lately that I might rather have gas.

The house is set up for gas, we have a gas fireplace we use. But the previous owner installed an electric stove.

I'd like the thoughts and opinions of those of you who have gas stoves and especially from those of you who have used both.

Are the ovens gas as well? I would assume electric.

Thanks in advance!

Gas all the way.

I assume your oven is below your cooktop from your oven question. My oven is gas but I don't know if you can buy a gas cooktop with electric oven.

If you can get a gas cooktop with the convection oven option I would vote that combo as the best.

Gas all the way.

I assume your oven is below your cooktop from your oven question. My oven is gas but I don't know if you can buy a gas cooktop with electric oven.

If you can get a gas cooktop with the convection oven option I would vote that combo as the best.
Thanks man! I think most people who have gas stoves love them but I wanted to be sure. How's the cleanup on the stove top? Mine's glass so we just wipe it clean, but you know after a few days it takes a dedicated cleanup to get all the burnt stuff off.

Like any appliance, if you leave food to burn on the metal or glass surfaces, they get cooked-on and are harder to get off. A gas cooktop is a bit more 'detailed' because spillages will hit the grates AND the enameled/stainless surface underneath.

You should have more control over temperature with gas for the , and of course, you won't be the victim of electrical outages. If you can get a gas cooktop and an electric convector oven, as Hayata Hayata says - you'll have the best of both worlds.

Wife loves hers ! Bought it 6 years ago from appliance company going out of business for $300 .
IMG_0841.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom