• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas or electric stove

I've only ever had electric. But I've been thinking a lot lately that I might rather have gas.

The house is set up for gas, we have a gas fireplace we use. But the previous owner installed an electric stove.

I'd like the thoughts and opinions of those of you who have gas stoves and especially from those of you who have used both.

Are the ovens gas as well? I would assume electric.

Thanks in advance!
Gas when power goes off u still cook plus if got one those ole type gas heaters u got Heat ( Plus Biden don’t want u have gas stoves or heaters $&&$ the Radical idiot crowd )

Thanks man! I think most people who have gas stoves love them but I wanted to be sure. How's the cleanup on the stove top? Mine's glass so we just wipe it clean, but you know after a few days it takes a dedicated cleanup to get all the burnt stuff off.
Those are the worst kind of stove tops. Gas are really nice. Im really not about the paying for gas anymore

Gas exclusively to heat anything (furnace, water, stove, dryer). I've had both, and electric can and will get it done, but gas is the standard for many reasons, but it is simply efficient and easy.

We like our gas stove. One thing I learned from having more than one is that when buying a gas stove make sure all the stove top burners are high output. We have a 24" Viking that has four really high BTU burners and it is great and another that is a less expensive brand I can't remember the name of and it has four different size burners with only one being high output and it sucks. You can always turn the high output down to simmer but trying to heat something fast with an underpowered burner is frustrating.

Propane and charcoal grills on the porch. Everything inside is electric. I think gas definitely works better but I don't like gas lines running under my house and I love the convenience of a glass flat top electric stove.

Now everyone flame on me for being a hair bun wearing Biden supporter!

Propane and charcoal grills on the porch. Everything inside is electric. I think gas definitely works better but I don't like gas lines running under my house and I love the convenience of a glass flat top electric stove.

Now everyone flame on me for being a hair bun wearing Biden supporter!
Do you park a gasoline laden Subaru or Prius in your garage? :lol:

like alot of others I grew up on electric. My wifes father is retired from Atlanta Gas Light (so you know im all gas now... ) Honestly I think the dryer drys faster. FIL says you put one hand on gas stove and other hand on ele and see which moves the fastest when turned on.
I do as much as I can on charcoal, propane camp stove and the blackstone (like others, to keep the house cleaner)
I think my new 2020 gas stove has some weird safety valve that if the power is out there is no gas flow... still vote goes to gas...

Back
Top Bottom