• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Geico is sticking it to me because of other GA drivers is what they said.

Little long, but true story about how they will lie -

So I came across a good deal on a BMW here on the ODT, and I thought I should have one nice car so I bought it. It replaced a Mercury Sable (Taurus in drag). Same year, same mileage.

I carry basic insurance, liability, uninsured motorist, that's it - no comprehensive, no collision, no med pay - those are the big ticket items.

So when I went to insure the BMW, the rate was nearly double - WTH?? I'm the only driver, I'm still driving the same amount, so WTH???

I asked, and the first thing the agent says "well, it costs more to repair a BMW" "So what, you're not insuring it" You could tell she was reading from a script, because she actually said "oh ..... yeah"

Then "well, it costs more to repair if you're hit by an uninsured motorist" " That's BS, because of the book value, you're just going to total it."

"well, you're more likely to have a wreck driving a car like that." "So my 55 years of driving with no chargeable accidents doesn't mean anything?"

And that was that. Totally unmitigated BS - they saw a chance to jack the rates and they jumped on it.

Which brings up another issue - I'm essentially only carrying liability - the insurance company only pays if I'm the at fault driver in a collision. I have two vehicles, a truck, and a car. I am the only authorized driver. I live alone, so there are no potential unauthorized drivers. ME personally can only drive so many miles a year.

SO WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY A DOUBLE PREMIUM for two vehicles. I can only drive one at a time - so my mileage should be the only variable in what rate I pay.

and more on the way with free drivers licensees and welfare benefits waiting on them to drive those prices even higher

Biden is about to open the doors to tens of thousand illegals when he eliminates the "stay in place" policy. These are people already on the southern border, who will be in the United States the day after he officially stops the policy.

Geico sucks. Dealing with them now over an accident where there client was at fault. Trying to screw me on depreciation so looks like its going to court. I have three friends who work for geico and none of them have geico as their own insurance for a reason....the stories they can tell...

All of my vehicles are paid for and I carry 100/300 coverage. Wife and I have been driving 35yrs. I have been on the phone getting rates and nobody cheaper yet but I'll keep trying. BASTARDS! $2900 per year

Listed on Clark Howard was USAA and Amica. Amica quoted $4400 per year for exact same coverages. Robbery! I'm not calling USAA as I have before and their rates are through the roof.

BTW no company loyalty period as they don't give a damn about loyalty to the customer. They stick it to the good drivers to cover their losses from the previous years and nothing changes because they all do it that way.

Geico did the same with me two years ago. Switched to AAA insurance and it has now increased over 60% from when I joined. It’s still $400 a year cheaper than Geico can get me. 40yo male, 2013 F150, one accident 5 years ago. No other claims.

our homeowners went up 80% this year, same AAA policy, and I was told it is “rate increases in GA”. I was also told GA has the highest rates of any state.

added my teenager on his own truck that he drives, they raised the rates on my motorcycles he doesn't ride and can't. Also mine and my wifes vehicles. Seems legit!

Insurance companies are nice to have around when needed..............

But until then and afterwards, nothing but a bunch of thieves.

Back
Top Bottom