• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Georgia Tech wants to kill jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
They took our jerbbbbs!!!

Sure, yeah, Georgia Tech hates America. If that's what you take away from it, you should go join the other 99%ers that don't know what they are talking about.

1) When you replace a human intensive process with a robot you create jobs to build, maintain, program and monitor robots.
2) Robots don't bleed, slip and fall, or otherwise get hurt.
3) If a robot can do a menial job better, faster, and safer than a human why wouldn't you want it to?

How about we get rid of all the earth movers and hire a bunch of people with shovels too? Think of all the people Cat and IH have put out of work with their bulldozers and backhoes.

Well said.

It completely depends of the skill of the workforce. I was recently in India where people with shears cut the lawn, and an army of women with brooms rake up the clippings. It keeps the economy running by keeping unemployment at acceptable levels by giving lots of unskilled people a job. When you have a billion people living in a country they can't all be making something. It also insulates the culture from westernization. In that case inefficiency is actually better for the economy and citizenry.

I would far rather see a bunch of people who have highly skilled jobs building and maintaining these robots (people who pay taxes) than I would like to watch people send all their money south to Mexico.

The tax issue is a huge thing for me. I don't care for people who scam the system. As such, I have little good will for illegals (who pay NO taxes) or people who employ them (who also pay no taxes like they should.) And everyone knows that a huge number of these jobs are filled by illegals.

Either a person contributes something toward society or they take something from it. Not one person working here illegally contributes a thing.

I would far rather see a bunch of people who have highly skilled jobs building and maintaining these robots (people who pay taxes) than I would like to watch people send all their money south to Mexico.

The tax issue is a huge thing for me. I don't care for people who scam the system. As such, I have little good will for illegals (who pay NO taxes) or people who employ them (who also pay no taxes like they should.) And everyone knows that a huge number of these jobs are filled by illegals.

Either a person contributes something toward society or they take something from it. Not one person working here illegally contributes a thing.

Blame nafta and grain subsidies for driving Mexican farmers out of business. I'll bet you'd cross a border illegally to keep your family fed as well. I know I would if that's what it took.

This thread's about to spiral into a giant **** storm................. outta here.

They took our jerbbbbs!!!

Sure, yeah, Georgia Tech hates America. If that's what you take away from it, you should go join the other 99%ers that don't know what they are talking about.

I didnt say they hate america.......:confused: GT grad or fan? I stated a fact.....if they want to build this robot they are willingly putting people out of employment i.e. killing jobs. Can you enlighten me since I know nothing of what I talk about? I am a good listener.

I didnt say they hate america.......:confused: GT grad or fan? I stated a fact.....if they want to build this robot they are willingly putting people out of employment i.e. killing jobs. Can you enlighten me since I know nothing of what I talk about? I am a good listener.
Those darn "hard drives" put all the punch card operators out of work!!

Times change, and so does technology. I, for one, am glad I don't have to milk cows to get milk.

As an aside.. If your opinion of GT in this regard is in any way influenced by a football rivalry.. You'll have a hard time getting me to take you very seriously! :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom