• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GET SOME. Official NFA Pic thread.

It says in the second paragraph (3) a barrel less than 16” in length. Then again in (4) an overall length of less than 26” OR a barrel less than 16” in length.

While it is true a pinned and welded muzzle device is considered part of the barrel length which is why you 14.7” barrels with a pinned and welded device. If they are not pinned and welded, it’s based off end of threads.

Now if he had a slanted hand guard instead Of a vert grip, no longer an sbr.

You are correct on measuring. It is to buffer tube end and to threads or fixed device.

You can also pin and weld a suppressor to create a one stamp gun instead of two stamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have pin/welds and nfa items, not being rude but i know all this. Ima just have to find it and post it myself

You can't put a foregrip on a pistol without registering it as an AOW not an SBR.
False. Ish

it just can’t be 90deg. So the slightly angled ones like BCM are totally legal

From the ATF:
E53205F7-F0D4-42C8-97BD-D922B65E5586.png

It's all in the context so maybe y'all were somewhat right but for a braced ar with a vertical foregrip has to measure 26" and be built from a stripped lower to be a firearm. A pistol lower cannot be redefined as a firearm so a pistol ar lower is a no go on vert grips

Context and key words are important. The post was deleted but when I looked it appeared to be vertical and not angled. If it was angled like the gun fighter then yeah that’s different. I’m saying in general for rules. Less than 16” barrel or less than 26” oal with a stock or vertical grip you play in dead dog territory.

I don’t want a reader to come on with a 26” length and 13” barrel to run a stock and say well the internet said I could

That rifle is interesting, and even for that less than 18” is a sbs from the atf article. Not my thing but someone I bet loves it

Context and key words are important. The post was deleted but when I looked it appeared to be vertical and not angled. If it was angled like the gun fighter then yeah that’s different. I’m saying in general for rules. Less than 16” barrel or less than 26” oal with a stock or vertical grip you play in dead dog territory.

I don’t want a reader to come on with a 26” length and 13” barrel to run a stock and say well the internet said I could

That rifle is interesting, and even for that less than 18” is a sbs from the atf article. Not my thing but someone I bet loves it

Never said anything about a stock, talking braced ar with a vert grip being ok

Back
Top Bottom