• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting a ragtop...Audi A4 or Mercedes 320 Cabriolet?

Thanks gents. It's even more fun than I anticipated. The reviews I watched and/or read daid that the suspension and performance were a hybrid between sport and passenger but this thing hunkers down and scoots. It's no Ferrari of course but in this schizoid Miami traffic, it's great at getting into the lane some putz is trying to keep you out of. Lol.

And they beefed up the frame and body to compensate for the loss of structural support the fixed roif provides. You can see it when you open the door and look at the 12 or so inch thickness. I've read that the convertible is actually about 400 lbs heavier than the coupe.

Congrats on the Volvo. I have friends who love there's. I like my C320 but will Mercedes something is always broken and if you fix it 2 other things pop up

Great decision on the Volvo C70 T5. The car rides great! Even though it sits low, accelerates and corners like a sports car, it still rides comfortably. Driving it in Miami traffic was fun and provided no problem competing in that aggressive market. Driving it the 10-11 hours back to LaGrange was comfortable in spite of the 11 hours sitting. And, of course, driving it around LaGrange with the top down was a blast. I LOVE this car.

On the down side, it only came with one key and I think I am looking at a rather substantial cost to get another one
20170507_105725.jpg

Had nothing but great things with my old Volvo... and nothing but nightmares with the Audi A6 I had before that. Good call.

I'd love to get another ragtop but I hate that you have to leave everything of value in the trunk all the time. God forbid that anyone cuts that roof to get in... replacing those costs a fortune.

Back
Top Bottom