• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting a ragtop...Audi A4 or Mercedes 320 Cabriolet?

Patronus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
I'm looking at several cars around 5-7 grand. I'm really leaning towards the Audi A4's but the Mercedes are beautiful cars too. I saw another thread where someone mentioned the Audi being expensive to maintain though. Any experience with either car or advice would be welcome.

2005 - $4990
a4.jpg

2002 - $5989
320b.jpg

I LOVE the A4 and TT convertibles! You would score major cool German Understated Car Guy points with either one. I've just never seen much in the Mercedes line to get excited about. I know they're like Glock perfection but that's kinda like the German version of Camry Boring if you think about it.

Yes you must get an A4 in silver/grey with a black top and manual transmission. Do it! Do it for me!:cool:

I LOVE the A4 and TT convertibles! You would score major cool German Understated Car Guy points with either one. I've just never seen much in the Mercedes line to get excited about. I know they're like Glock perfection but that's kinda like the German version of Camry Boring if you think about it.

Yes you must get an A4 in silver/grey with a black top and manual transmission. Do it! Do it for me!:cool:

I looked at a TT here in town. Like the Mercedes 230, the BMW z3, the Mitsubishi Eclipse and the Nizzan 350Z, I think it might be a little too "young" for me. I'm 52 and not having a mid-life crisis, I just want a nice convertible to cruise in.

And I think the Mercedes 320 CLK is a beautiful car. Well, at least the on in the pic above. The hard top ones are boring fo sho.

I used to work for an independent VW/Audi tech in Macon. I will gladly put you in touch with him for all the buyer's/owners advice you need. I've seen him tell more than one person " Well... maybe you're just not a VW/Audi type person. Maybe you just need to trade for a Honda." Its funny cause it always made the customer feel like a second grader.. But that's true with any premium European brand. You have to budget for the upkeep of your car. If not you will not have a good ownership experience. And I think Audihas the advantage as far as parts and maintenance cost. There are plenty of shared parts between VW and Audi or at least there used to be. Those parts will always be cheaper than Mercedes.

Back
Top Bottom