Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting bored with sports

Thread in 'Sports' started by jwhit, Oct 1, 2015.

1. jwhit

jwhit ODT Junkie!

61   0

Rating
    100%
    I used to really be into sports. Playing and watching. Baseball was my fave as a kid. Used to go to spring training every year. Prob stopped watching around the strike. As I grew up, basketball became dull and boring.

Lost my drive to watch college football. Maybe it's cause I grew up a Michigan fan and we've sucked for about a decade, but I went to State and they're not bad. At least not this year or the last time they played Georgia :boink:

All I had left was NFL. I'd always argue that pro football is superior to college just because it's men vs boys. Bigger, stronger, faster. More violent. But the NFL is such a crappy brand. All that hype and they wussify it more every year. It's starting to feel boring and a waste of time. I think it's all rigged anyway now.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. CBH13

CBH13 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

121   0

Rating
    100%
    college ball remains the best! never really watched Michigan state but if you enjoy watching them stick with it! not all school can have a killer year!

3. mgonza

mgonza ‘Bout Tre Fiddy Supporter

Supporter

165   0

Rating
    100%
    never really got into sports.

jwhit likes this.
  4. CBH13

CBH13 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

121   0

Rating
    100%
    oh and also just turn on a hockey game from time to time. Never was a fan until college when I lived with a guy that watched it and man is that a fun one to watch! more or less fights guaranteed and they don't break them up! plus any sport with a dedicated goon to hurt and take out other players is gonna be fun to watch!

jwhit likes this.
  5. GeauxLSU

GeauxLSU Moderator Staff Member

35   0

Rating
    100%
    Welcome to the red pill! :laugh: When I mentioned the NFL was rigged in a thread a while back several people's head's exploded.
    I still really enjoy college sports though. Most all of them. I don't really enjoy any professional sports.

CAMSDADDY, GodBlessTheUSA and jwhit like this.
  6. jwhit

jwhit ODT Junkie!

61   0

Rating
    100%
    I used to watch hockey. Am from Michigan so was/am a Red Wings fan. Stopped watching hockey a few years back. Not sure why.

7. albatros43

albatros43 Jackwagon Supporter

Supporter

157   0

Rating
    100%
    College and Pro ball is about all I watch. But, I watch a sad amount of it on the weekend. I used to like NFL much more, but I'm enjoying college now more than ever. I still think @GeauxLSU is mostly nuts, but some things you see in games aren't right. Tennessee vs. Florida last Saturday as an example.

jwhit likes this.
  8. SOLGardener

SOLGardener ODT Junkie!

35   0

Rating
    100%
    I've never been much of a fan of watching other people play a game. I've enjoyed a few games here and there. I watch some of the superbowl. I didn't play sports much in school, but played on an industrial softball team for a few years and got pretty decent. I enjoy playing still (church league on occasion).

I enjoyed playing tennis, playing golf. I hate basketball in every way. I'd rather watch figure skating that basketball. I'd rather watch maggots eat roadkill than watch basketball.

GodBlessTheUSA, JamesG and jwhit like this.
  9. jwhit

jwhit ODT Junkie!

61   0

Rating
    100%
    Big Lions fan and watched them get straight up robbed in the playoffs against Dallas last year. Cowboys have a pretty huge fanbase. Think what's his name (the fatty gov of NJ) was in the owners box. It's all a scam.

Plus just stuff like watching Ray Lewis (murderer) as a broadcaster/mentor/icon makes me queasy.

GeauxLSU likes this.
  10. jwhit

jwhit ODT Junkie!

61   0

Rating
    100%
    LMAO! Right there with you!

GodBlessTheUSA likes this.