• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting bored with sports

jwhit

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
I used to really be into sports. Playing and watching. Baseball was my fave as a kid. Used to go to spring training every year. Prob stopped watching around the strike. As I grew up, basketball became dull and boring.

Lost my drive to watch college football. Maybe it's cause I grew up a Michigan fan and we've sucked for about a decade, but I went to State and they're not bad. At least not this year or the last time they played Georgia :boink:

All I had left was NFL. I'd always argue that pro football is superior to college just because it's men vs boys. Bigger, stronger, faster. More violent. But the NFL is such a crappy brand. All that hype and they wussify it more every year. It's starting to feel boring and a waste of time. I think it's all rigged anyway now.

Has this happened to anyone else?

college ball remains the best! never really watched Michigan state but if you enjoy watching them stick with it! not all school can have a killer year!

oh and also just turn on a hockey game from time to time. Never was a fan until college when I lived with a guy that watched it and man is that a fun one to watch! more or less fights guaranteed and they don't break them up! plus any sport with a dedicated goon to hurt and take out other players is gonna be fun to watch!

I used to really be into sports. Playing and watching. Baseball was my fave as a kid. Used to go to spring training every year. Prob stopped watching around the strike. As I grew up, basketball became dull and boring.

Lost my drive to watch college football. Maybe it's cause I grew up a Michigan fan and we've sucked for about a decade, but I went to State and they're not bad. At least not this year or the last time they played Georgia :boink:

All I had left was NFL. I'd always argue that pro football is superior to college just because it's men vs boys. Bigger, stronger, faster. More violent. But the NFL is such a crappy brand. All that hype and they wussify it more every year. It's starting to feel boring and a waste of time. I think it's all rigged anyway now.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Welcome to the red pill! :laugh: When I mentioned the NFL was rigged in a thread a while back several people's head's exploded.
I still really enjoy college sports though. Most all of them. I don't really enjoy any professional sports.

oh and also just turn on a hockey game from time to time. Never was a fan until college when I lived with a guy that watched it and man is that a fun one to watch! more or less fights guaranteed and they don't break them up! plus any sport with a dedicated goon to hurt and take out other players is gonna be fun to watch!
I used to watch hockey. Am from Michigan so was/am a Red Wings fan. Stopped watching hockey a few years back. Not sure why.

College and Pro ball is about all I watch. But, I watch a sad amount of it on the weekend. I used to like NFL much more, but I'm enjoying college now more than ever. I still think GeauxLSU GeauxLSU is mostly nuts, but some things you see in games aren't right. Tennessee vs. Florida last Saturday as an example.

I've never been much of a fan of watching other people play a game. I've enjoyed a few games here and there. I watch some of the superbowl. I didn't play sports much in school, but played on an industrial softball team for a few years and got pretty decent. I enjoy playing still (church league on occasion).

I enjoyed playing tennis, playing golf. I hate basketball in every way. I'd rather watch figure skating that basketball. I'd rather watch maggots eat roadkill than watch basketball.

Welcome to the red pill! :laugh: When I mentioned the NFL was rigged in a thread a while back several people's head's exploded.
I still really enjoy college sports though. Most all of them. I don't really enjoy any professional sports.
Big Lions fan and watched them get straight up robbed in the playoffs against Dallas last year. Cowboys have a pretty huge fanbase. Think what's his name (the fatty gov of NJ) was in the owners box. It's all a scam.

Plus just stuff like watching Ray Lewis (murderer) as a broadcaster/mentor/icon makes me queasy.

Back
Top Bottom