• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting hosed on Home and Auto Insurance through Allstate...who is best?

I fired State farm a couple years ago to switch to AL state (was much better at the time) they have been creeping up and I just got a huge increase this renewal because of a "high millage" factor. Apparently the oil change places are reporting your milage to some database the insurance companies can access. Being honest I have driven a lot of miles the last two years (have a project going in Dalton and driving back and forth a bunch) so I have averaged about 30K per year. But 3200 a year for a 64 y/o man no tix/ no accidents is absurd, 2020 F150. Allstate got fired last week. Progressive is about 1400 year even with the millage bump. I'm sure the will try and inch it up every chance they get so just have to keep an eye on it. (all three companies had the bundle homeowners multi vehicles.

I just shopped around for a new home and auto bundle and found that all the companies are in collusion. Rates used to vary between the companies I solicited for quotes. Not anymore. Absolutely no difference between any of them now.

I've been using Allstate for almost 50yrs. We thought we would be changing ins. companies when we moved. We bought a larger house and Allstate improved our coverage at a great price. They say we're an A number 1 customer, whatever that means. But the auto prices are ridiculous for the mileage we drive anymore. My Mother in Law gets great rates at her company, but she's been with them for a long time. We checked with them and we can't get those rates as a new customer. So it was better for us to stay where we are

Back
Top Bottom