• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting started

Dawsonville.

www.rbgc.org

All matches are currently on hold and no guests are allowed at the club until allow this craziness is over.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Members are now allowed to bring guests again.
We shot Action Pistol last weekend and the RO's are planning to fire their events back up, with some social distancing still required.
Check the calendar at www.rbgc.org

Members are now allowed to bring guests again.
We shot Action Pistol last weekend and the RO's are planning to fire their events back up, with some social distancing still required.
Check the calendar at www.rbgc.org
Yep. We're experimenting with some new procedures for USPSA this weekend. Registration filled up in a couple of hours and we're 20 deep on the Waitlist.

Since you're in Monroe County, Griffin Gun Club will likely be your closest Steel Challenge Club. They shoot on the first Saturday of the month; a.m. and p.m. squads (and the associated Friday; p.m. squads only). Of course, we'll see when they start back up again....

Not trying to hijack here, but I read everyone saying to go watch competitions/matches before you get started but I do not see anywhere to actually go. Any suggestions or dates? Thanks

Mine have been action shooting since 11. One does 3 gun, Steel Challenge (I highly recommend), and USPSS. The other does everything... literally. She shoots long range, DMR, NRL22, revolver (ICORE), 3 Gun, USPSA, and anything Lee that hits her fancy. At 13 and 11 if they can safely handle and manipulate a firearm, they are good. My two youngest were NROI certified when they were 13 and 12. The youngest shot an International Revolver Championship at 12.

I do absolutely agree with Rob. Get them to Steel Challenge. Start with .22 first match, and by the second have them transitioned to centerfire AND rimfire.

5cd988899d764883f386c5d6e284a330.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to hijack here, but I read everyone saying to go watch competitions/matches before you get started but I do not see anywhere to actually go. Any suggestions or dates? Thanks

Carry your stuff with you. The shooting sports is open and welcoming. If you need something... speak up. I’ve handed off plenty of gear, mags, and ammo at matches to help grow the sport. It’s about paying it forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

River Bend Gun Club has some sort of match basically every weekend (USPSA, Steel Challenge, IDPA, etc). Everything is usually up to date in the club calendar at www.rbgc.org

Most matches also can be found on Practiscore.

Go to the practiscore.com , register, then look at events/find clubs/calendar

Back
Top Bottom