• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 17 G4 Zev trigger not resetting

davis211

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
27   0
Reaction score
Picked it up used and ran 1 mag fine. Started having a few reset issues after that with various ammo. I have the original parts & another Zev spring-not sure which is in it. Anyone in the Danielsville/Athens/Watkinsville area that can check it out?
Thanks.

I would clean it—total disassembly, and reinstall the trigger parts according to the ZEV instructions. Some guys set triggers up so that they feel great, but are so close to not working properly that they fail when any wear occurs, or when the pistol gets dirty.

Sorry, no update. My free time has been so limited lately. I'm just to the point of putting the factory trigger back in - lost all confidence in the Zev trigger for a defense weapon.

A lot of the time reset issues will have to do with the trigger spring(the one connecting the trigger bar to the housing, looks like an S) and it is possible to install this backwards, which would give you issues with the gun and reset. That would be something you could check. Make sure the hook of the spring is in the housing facing down and the spring is resting on the outside of the trigger housing with the other side of the hook would be facing up. Connect the trigger bar to it and do the normal installation stuff from there. You may very well have already done all of this and checked these things, but if not that would be something to check. It could just be a faulty kit. How much of the trigger system is Zev? Here is a pic of the housing and how the spring sets. Sorry for the long paragraph lol.

Attachments

• 878E490A-BDB6-4D56-9844-2FB2344B4F4E.jpeg
    878E490A-BDB6-4D56-9844-2FB2344B4F4E.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom