• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19x and 45

Jtmartin7704

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
14   0
Reaction score
I am interested in investing in a new Glock to purchase interested to see what everyone’s opinions are on the 19x and 45 I currently carry a 17 and love it! I have looked up the stats on them both but wanted to get some opinions of people who have them or have had them what did you like dislike about them. Thanks in advance let me know what you think!

I am interested in investing in a new Glock to purchase interested to see what everyone’s opinions are on the 19x and 45 I currently carry a 17 and love it! I have looked up the stats on them both but wanted to get some opinions of people who have them or have had them what did you like dislike about them. Thanks in advance let me know what you think!

I’ve ran several G45’s lately and really like it.

The Glock G45:

• New Gen 5 Platform
  • Black
  • Front Slide Serrations
  • All Gen 5 Internal Enhancements
  • Gen 5 Magazines
  • Flared Mag Well
  • No Lanyard Loop
The Glock G19X:

• Modified Gen 4 Platform
  • Coyote Tan
  • No Slide Serrations
  • Some Gen 5 Enhancements
  • Gen 4 Magazines
  • Gen 4 Non-Flared Mag Well
  • Lanyard Loop

G45 has a little notch cut on breach face directly opposite of the extractor. This helps ejection, brass to face is impossible with any load. That’s a real advantage over the 19X. The 19X looks cooler without a doubt.

Both are pretty similar to a G17, the half inch shorter slide isn’t some kind of mythical game changer. I still like the G17 best of all. For carry I go with a G48 or G26.. much bigger becomes uncomfortable for me personally unless it’s open carry on the farm.

Back
Top Bottom