• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GLOCK 43 review? Agree or disagree?

sheep dog

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
270   0
Reaction score
So this is a video from a while back. I remember watching it back when it was first uploaded. Posting it now that the Glock 43 has been out for some time. So do you guys agree or disagree with his analysis? Why? Or why not? Thoughts?

Agree but don't agree. Buy what you'll actually carry. The best gun to have is the one you have on you when something goes down. Why stop with the 26? Carry a 19 so you have 5 more rounds. It's the old argument of "Is this a pistol I want to get into a gun fight with". Silly opinion based argument that has no good answer.

I carry my 43 ED. It's a great little pistol and I'd be glad to have it if I had to deal with "criminal issues". Is it the best possible fighting pistol? Nope, but it's the one I can carry on me and it's not intrusive or bothersome at all. I'm running +2 extensions on both mags so the capacity is acceptable for the situations I'm most likely to encounter. Although I do carry my bag with my G19 and my SBR most of the time also in case heavy lifting is needed.

I'm not sure I see his point of comparing the 43 to the other models. If mag capacity is the only standard a concealed carry piece is judged on then stick with a G17 or something similar. I've had the G42, G43, G26 and G27 and G17 and G23. The only Glock I still own is the G42 and I carry it everywhere, everyday. It meets my needs perfectly.

I disagree with his conclusion and his reasoning. The g43 is more proportional for its size than the g26 imo. And it is more concealable.I shoot better with the 43 than the 26. That said, for iwb, i will take the g19 over both but i like the 43 for pocket carry over the 26. the feel/ergos of the 43 are nice for the size.

Once he said he only owns Glocks I considered it not worth watching
Same here but I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and made it about halfway through it. The guy seemed like one of those "know it alls" who thinks only HIS opinion means anything.

Now that I am home I have had a moment to ponder this. And I have come to this consensus there are just too many dip$#!×$ on YouTube
Ain't that the truth!

Since Hornady started making 380 ammo that actually meets the FBI standard for a self defense round my summer EDC is a Glock 42 in pocket carry. Winter EDC is a Glock 19 IWB. Best straight up combat handgun is the Glock 41.

It all comes down to what works best for you within reasonable parameters of what will actually do the job effectively.

99% of the time I'm carrying a 4" WC 1911, not because I think only a .45 ACP will do the job but it's just what's been comfortable for me to carry and shoot. There have been times when I've known I was gonna be in a sketchy area so I packed a G19 & one or two extra mags. Hell, I did some personal protection work for a man who had fired several employees that had threatened to kill him. I borrowed some body armor & plates from a buddy and actually carried the G19, 2 extra mags & my Colt AR with a few extra mags. Thank goodness the bad guy turned around in the parking lot and boogied his ass on down the road when he got a good look at a well armed grumpy ass old man. Lol, That being said, I can't wait to get my hands on a G43 of my own. I like the way it feels in my meathooks with the little pinky extention baseplate. I'll carry it with +2 mag extentions & 2 extra mags. It's gonna feel good to lighten up my EDC a little, that 1911 gets kinda heavy some days and not having to wear my belt as tight is gonna feel a lot better on that bad sciatic nerve for sure.

Back
Top Bottom