• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 48 MOS do sights co-witness with a dot installed?

sami weinbergstein

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
Putting together a Glock 48 mos with a Holosun 407 green dot sight. Have not received the Holosun yet but was wondering from those who have this setup. Do stock sights (or aftermarket of the same height) co-witness with the Holosun or do I need taller sights?

You may want to look for sights that only come up into the lower part of the optic window instead of “co-witness” with your dot. I have a few MRDS setups and one has sights that come about halfway up into the optic window. It’s not a big deal, but it can be a hinderance. My favorite sights are ones that only intrude as little as needed. Just some food for thought.

How are you attaching the optic? Filing down the unneeded recoil bosses? Or using an adapter plate? This will have bearing on what sight height is appropriate.

Never want to altar a firearm if possible so I will be using a plate from shows, thinnest one available. Guess i will wait till the dot is on. And yes, I do not want the sights to high in the window, so maybe 1/3 will work.

Standard height sights will barely be visible at the bottom of the window. More visible if you file the lugs so you don't need a plate. I wouldn't use tall sights -- blocks the view too much.

I will find sights that work, do not want to file anything on the firearm, never know what sight the next owner (or I) might switch to. While these are obviously not night sights and looks like they don't glow very much daytime is my main concern so for the price these might work...., might be too tall,,,.will investigate further. Ironic dealer is in Power Springs..

Now that I have the Holosun mounted sights are still visible, will not know till I go to the range but even slight taller sights will work well I am sure. I did find these taller sights for the Glock (below). My first thought is I always prefer a color front sight, orange usually. But I have to wonder with the green dot Holosun I am thinking that, if I want iron sights, to go black. This way there is not color confusion when sighting with the dot, which will be the primary sighting tool. The stock height of the Glock sight is .235 and this one is .305

Back
Top Bottom