glock accidental discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna know what is found, does his mag have a snap keeper? wondering if when he missed the mag if it maybe slightly depressed the trigger and the fall to the ground set it off?

Sorry, I just despise ignorant, generalized statements. You know me.

It is what it is. So much for safe action. So stating my opinion is ignorant, but you ignoring and discounting my opinion is what, exactly?

In other words, "So much for a proven system" because one person made a mistake and nobody has even made a finding on the problem? Sigh............this is how ignorance is bread.

Before you go insulting other members because you feel you are superior in knowledge to them, please at least brush up on your grammar. Ignorance is bred, not sandwich bread.

In other words, "So much for a proven system" because one person made a mistake and nobody has even made a finding on the problem? Sigh............this is how ignorance is bread.

Before you go insulting other members because you feel you are superior in knowledge to them, please at least brush up on your grammar. Ignorance is bred, not sandwich bread.

Dang it. I was just going to make a bread comment and you beat me by three minutes.

thought i would share this with everyone. my son came home from his second tour in iraq (he's a combat engineer) and bought himself a g19. shot it at the range and loved it. later that day we were in the kitchen, me, my son, my wife, my other son, my grandmother. standing by the table. my son and i were talking about the sights on the pistol and then he went to holster the weapon and somehow missed the holster and the gun fell to the floor and discharged a round. holy s**t. fortunatly, it happened to go out the open sliding glass door and into a picket on the deck handrail. i checked to make sure everyone was okay and my son picked up the pisol, unloaded it and took it straight to a gunsmith. he's supposed to call me and let me know what happened. has anyone else ever had to deal with this?

I'm not trying to start anything here (seriously) but does anyone else see an issue with handling a loaded gun in a kitchen full of family members? I mean, you can't do that at a gun shop or a gun show or pretty much anywhere else, so was the real mistake made before the accidental discharge? I know this guy was properly trained, which is even more ironic, but still....anyone have thoughts on that?

What's done is done, let's not steer this thread into that direction. I await what the word from Glocks inspection is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom