• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock builders and experts, I need help

The recoil spring assembly does not fit right right here. It’s actually a little bit loose. Every stock Glock I’ve ever messed around with the recoil spring/guide rod had to be depressed here just a bit to fight right and resulted in a tight fit.

CA1ED9B9-2F9A-4741-B71D-4523C4FA6A18.jpeg
51BCAE94-D0E4-4F90-8BAF-6476776C41C6.jpeg

This part of the recoil spring looks thicker than factory/normal. Which manufacture is this? It doesn’t appear to be able to be fully seated in the notch it’s supposed to be. You don’t by chance have another Glock, factory 9mm that you could put that recoil spring in to see how it functioned by chance?
d1c19e20777242451983e8db8350d803.jpg

You may be mixing up a Gen 3 style barrel with a gen 4 recoil spring (or vice versa). The relief cut on the barrel for the recoil spring changed between generations.

This part of the recoil spring looks thicker than factory/normal. Which manufacture is this? It doesn’t appear to be able to be fully seated in the notch it’s supposed to be. You don’t by chance have another Glock, factory 9mm that you could put that recoil spring in to see how it functioned by chance?
d1c19e20777242451983e8db8350d803.jpg

lone wolf recoil spring/guide rod assembly and lone wolf barrel both gen 4’s

i do not have a Glock gen 4 recoil spring/assembly. I just ordered one and will see how that fits when it comes in .

This is the barrel I used - it says fits gen 3&4?

Barrel is standard LWD-17N that has had a deep cone and flush cut operation performed.

Lone Wolf replacement barrels are manufactured from the highest grade mill select 416 stainless steel, CNC machined, and heat treated. These combined features provide a lifetime of service at an affordable price. The standard groove and land rifling make this an excellent choice for those who wish to shoot lead, plated or jacketed bullets. Can be used in factory ported or stock pistols. Intended for use in the Glock 17 pistol only.

Special features include:

• Ready to use, pre-fit drop in, no gunsmithing required
  • Fits Glock Gen3 & Gen4 (For Gen5, order AW-19L)
    • Barrels do not fit Gen 1 “pencil barrel” G17’s. Pencil barrels were included in serial numbers AA000-AL999 G17’s

Back
Top Bottom