• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock grip reduction

Robnotfromga

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
8   0
Reaction score
I want to kill the glock hump on my 30sf. I love me some flocks, but on the subcompacts the hump is annoying.

Anyone actually done it? Not sent it off, but done it. I understand the basics : fill the grip dead space with epoxy, shape and then coat with bedliner or something.

Looking for any ideas or links. I know it voids the warranty, but its a glock...it will work forever.

Just trade it for a compact sized Glock before you dick it all up. Yes it'll be larger but the grip feels alot better in the hand. Also you won't find a compact sized 45acp glock so you'll end up changing calibers too but atleast you won't have a trashed pistol.

Just trade it for a compact sized Glock before you dick it all up. Yes it'll be larger but the grip feels alot better in the hand. Also you won't find a compact sized 45acp glock so you'll end up changing calibers too but atleast you won't have a trashed pistol.

Or you could also try another sub-compact like a XD or something, anything to keep from having to butcher a perfectly good gun. I know it's been done before, but I personally wouldn't trust a gun that had frame modifications, even stippling, because every time you remove material from something it gets weaker.

You are not going to weaken the frame by removing the hump or stippling thousands of people do this to both carry guns and competition guns without a problem. Cutting down the grip is pretty common on Glock's and now even M&P's and XD's. OP there are a few options out there and I am sure if you shopped around locally you could find a gun smith doing this work. However IMO the place to go is Bowie Tactical. His prices are not bad and his work is well known. He can do just about anything you like to the frame and even the slide. I wouldn't do the work myself. I am sure it is easy enough to do but I just don't want to take a blade to my pistol. I would rather pay and have a pro do it. http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/servicesandshipping.html I am about to send a Glock 19 off to have the grip cut down to accept Glock 26 mags and have magazine release scalloped. When it is done it should look something like this.
www.bowietacticalconcepts.com_sitebuilder_images_glock_19_to_26_400x330.jpg

A longer sight radius and barrel with the Glock 26's grip length. The best advantages of both the Glock 26 and 19 and I don't really care if it hurts or helps the resell value because I do not plan to sell it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom