• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock grip reduction

You are not going to weaken the frame by removing the hump or stippling thousands of people do this to both carry guns and competition guns without a problem. Cutting down the grip is pretty common on Glock's and now even M&P's and XD's. OP there are a few options out there and I am sure if you shopped around locally you could find a gun smith doing this work. However IMO the place to go is Bowie Tactical. His prices are not bad and his work is well known. He can do just about anything you like to the frame and even the slide. I wouldn't do the work myself. I am sure it is easy enough to do but I just don't want to take a blade to my pistol. I would rather pay and have a pro do it. http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/servicesandshipping.html I am about to send a Glock 19 off to have the grip cut down to accept Glock 26 mags and have magazine release scalloped. When it is done it should look something like this.
www.bowietacticalconcepts.com_sitebuilder_images_glock_19_to_26_400x330.jpg

A longer sight radius and barrel with the Glock 26's grip length. The best advantages of both the Glock 26 and 19 and I don't really care if it hurts or helps the resell value because I do not plan to sell it.

Thank god Glock will sell frames separately That one is trashed.

I think it's fine to customize a gun and make it fit you perfectly. It's your gun and your choice! And of course it won't sell quickly, but not everyone is a trade-o-holic.

go for it man. if you were asking about modifying anything other than a glock you wouldn't be getting all the negative feedback. its your gun do what you want with it, and good luck to ya.

Ill get some pics up, I candle heated the backstrap and took out the hump. Then smoothed the finger holes. Then stippled it. I hope it pisses off the haters. Its a gun, were not married....just dating.

i233.photobucket.com_albums_ee239_rob1bike_IMG_20120219_200718.jpg

Threw the heart in there for good measure. Neighbor came by the shop, asked if I'd do his 26 for him. Guess my neighborhood is full of fools.

Fits my hand much better, points nicely for a lil gun.

i233.photobucket.com_albums_ee239_rob1bike_IMG_20120219_200718.jpg

Threw the heart in there for good measure. Neighbor came by the shop, asked if I'd do his 26 for him. Guess my neighborhood is full of fools.

Fits my hand much better, points nicely for a lil gun.

It actually looks pretty good. Stipling looks like something between the grippy of velcro and the smooth of velour and the lil heart makes it look like it got a bit tipsy on spring break. It's still sacrilege and I could no more do it than write in a book *shudder*, but it do look purty good.

Say, if yer gonna customize it, why not shave that blasted tac rail off? That's the ONE thing I really hate on them. May be why I'm addicted to Glock 27s.

Back
Top Bottom