• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Issue

HarmsWay

Default rank <5000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
120   0
Reaction score
I have a 3rd gen G19 that is throwing brass at my face and it has replacement parts on it. It has the Fire Dragon stainless guide rod and a 3.5 connector. I also have a bunch of other things added, but I would think these 2 would be the only things that could have anything to do with it. I plan on swapping out the extractor on another g19 I have to see if that helps. Anyone with the same experience?

EDIT: Also does anyone notice if you put 14 rounds in a 15 round mag a shake it it will make a noise lol I just thought it was interesting

Last edited:
my 30sf does that, took it to glock and had them look at it and told them about it and they said everything was ok......even had them replace the extractor and it still does it.......told me maybe it was the ammo and i know its not because i've run many types through it and it still throws them vertical......

Do you have time during the week to run it to Glock? If not, the extractor, and ejector can be timed by one of you local gunsmiths/ Glock Armorers.

Yes but with gen4 though. Google "non dipped extractor" as well as ejector.

Even after a trip to Smryna I returned a month later with this issue still occurring. Tech 2nd time told me they replaced extractor but not the (updated?) ejector 1st time and scolded 'em saying they should have done so. He claimed to have put a few mags downrange without a problem.

This was 2 weeks ago but haven't taken back to the range to confirm. My best advice would be take it down to stock and if still occurring send/visit Smryna and ask to replace/confirm both extractor and ejector. -CD

More than likely I will be able to correct the problem myself by changing out parts with another g19 I have, but I will probably call glock and ask them to send me what I need so I dont have to make that drive.

Probably about 75% of Glock 9mms made after 2007/2008 do this to some degree. Glock refuses to offically acknoledge this problem. But they will replace parts. There are a variety of 'solutions' that has helped some to some degree, and has made things worse for others. This problem exists because Glock tried to save a dollar on manufacture.

Most recommend a older Glock "non-dipped" extractor and this:http://www.whitesounddefense.com/products/H.R.E.D.-9mm.html
It has to do with how loosely the extractor holds the casing. It is either that the extractor is out of spec, or the slide.

Most likey they will replace all the parts with the same malfunctioning parts and tell you to shoot hotter ammo (a band-aid fix). Glock used to make good pistols, but now they just want to save a dollar.

Last edited:
More than likely I will be able to correct the problem myself by changing out parts with another g19 I have, but I will probably call glock and ask them to send me what I need so I dont have to make that drive.

Not 100% sure, but there are some parts Glock will only sell to an Armorer. I believe ejector and extractor fall under those parts. (But could be wrong)

Yes but with gen4 though. Google "non dipped extractor" as well as ejector.

Even after a trip to Smryna I returned a month later with this issue still occurring. Tech 2nd time told me they replaced extractor but not the (updated?) ejector 1st time and scolded 'em saying they should have done so. He claimed to have put a few mags downrange without a problem.

This was 2 weeks ago but haven't taken back to the range to confirm. My best advice would be take it down to stock and if still occurring send/visit Smryna and ask to replace/confirm both extractor and ejector. -CD

Thanks for the tip. The g19 that has a issue has a dipped extractor.

Back
Top Bottom