• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock/M&P?

Wareagle

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
38   0
Reaction score
Alright guys I'm looking to pick up another polymer for summer carry. I've owned Glocks in the past so I know they are a great pistol. Lately I've been eyeing the M&P line but I'd like to hear from those that have owned both. Does the M&P bring anything to the table? I appreciate any input.

haha - I'm a fan and owner of BOTH so I can give some UNBIASED feedback. I love them both but will say the only thing that I would have to put M&P as having an advantage on is the feel of the grip (TO ME). Obviously plenty will say the same about the Glock's gen 3/4 grip - it's really just up to the user and how it fits in their hand.

However, Glock has a ton of other benefits over the M&P, the biggest (again, for me) is that I can carry multiple calibers in the same gun with drop-in barrels and mag swaps a lot cheaper than I can with my M&P.

This is seriously one of those comparisons that could (and probably WILL) go back and forth forever.

I have had a Glock 26&19 and an M&P9 and 9C. I currently have the 9C and the 19. I sold the 26 which I think is just about perfect except I couldnt shoot it well. I have the 19 because I have holsters and mags for it and its hard to argue its an awesome gun. I would carry it everyday but I prefer appendix carry. This is where the 9C comes into play. I find the M&P fullsize too big for my liking. I find the M&P9C falls size wise between the 26 and 19. I shoot the 9C far better than I ever could the 26 and it being a little shorter more comfortable AIWB. I like them both and carry them both which means I trust them both. I am carrying the 9C more and more.

My big complaint about the M&P is scarce & pricey mags. Glock mags are cheaper and available everywhere. Glocks probably resell a tad quicker (mine don't) but they're both fine guns. I've had a Ruger SR9c for a while now and I actually like it more than my G19 (which is why I listed it)...

Back
Top Bottom