Glock/M&P?

Don't get me wrong. I bought an M&P9 Threaded and did 1500 trigger pulls on it trying to smooth out the 180 grit trigger pull. Once I realized that it was going to take $150 to simply get a hint of a reset, I was out.

M&P has the best ergonomics of any handgun I have ever held.

Sorry, just hopped in at the end of this thread and wanted to address this comment.

One of the main issues I have with the M&P series is the lack of consistency or quality control. I've had some with fantastic triggers and others that are horrendous. When you buy one you really have to check it out good. I went to buy a 9c once and I found a good one about 4 guns in.

I wrote this up a while back to help with some if the issues I personally noticed: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?t=39213&highlight=m%26amp%3Bp+buyers+guide

Sorry, just hopped in at the end of this thread and wanted to address this comment.

One of the main issues I have with the M&P series is the lack of consistency or quality control. I've had some with fantastic triggers and others that are horrendous. When you buy one you really have to check it out good. I went to buy a 9c once and I found a good one about 4 guns in.

I wrote this up a while back to help with some if the issues I personally noticed: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?t=39213&highlight=m%26amp%3Bp+buyers+guide

I noticed this with my most recent m&p 9c the trigger is alot better than past m&ps

I'm gonna put my 2 cents in:

I chose my Glock23 because:

1. Reliability, if you have ever owned a gun that didn't function then you'll understand how unnerving it is to not fully trust your CCW.

2. Trigger. I shoot the Glock trigger better than anything else I've tried so far.

3. Fit, finish and feel. Glocks tough and are very well built. They fit well in the hand. And I can find the sights and acquire my target very quickly. They are accurate as well. I love the feel of my G23. Its nice to have a compact sized pistol which all fingers are on the grip and not having to have a pinky on an extension.

4. History. What more can I say? They are proven time and time again to be tough, well built, accurate, pistols. They are the standard at which all other polymer pistols are measured.

5. Location and service. Its comforting to know that if anything does happen to go wrong with my G23, Glock isn't far away. I hate to ship a weapon to a factory. With Glock, its a short drive to Marietta and I know the issue will be resolved with the quickness. From what I've heard so far, Glock takes customer service very serious.

6. Parts and magazines. They are very easy to find. Both aftermarket and OEM. I also can run hi-cap magazines which is always fun.

All this is my reason for carrying a Glock. I'm sure I'll think of other stuff later but that's what comes to mind right now.

I am gonna shoot a M&P in 40 soon though. Just to see how it feels. I serious doubt it'll convince me to make a switch. It would have to seriously be a dramatic difference for me to trade off my G23.

I am gonna shoot a M&P in 40 soon though. Just to see how it feels. I serious doubt it'll convince me to make a switch. It would have to seriously be a dramatic difference for me to trade off my G23.

The M&P40 is the softest shooting .40cal I've ever owned. One of very few handguns that was designed as a .40S&W. Let us know what you think of it after you get to try it out.

I sure will. I think the G23 shoots great and recoil is very controlled. The M&P is gonna have to be something amazing for me to want it.

I have owned both and will add to the thread. The M&P was a nice shooter with great ergos. The only issues I had with it was that the finish wasn't as durable as I hoped. I also didnt like how it carried for me. The gun is a little heavier than a Glock. I prefer to get my hand up a little higher than the M&p allowed. I have and carry a G22 gen 4. I will buy another M&P but not as a carry gun. I know this sounded a little one sided. I have nothing against the M&p's but they just are't carry guns for me. Also fogot to add mine ran flawless and had one of the better triggers on it from the factory

Last edited:
If you put them side by side they are very similar, so much so that the first generation m&p series was the subject law suit. They function almost exactly the same, I have seen torture test done on the m&p that surpass the glock test. The polymer m&p innovation was infact a glock rip off, it was done to compete as a potential service weapon for the armed forces. My unit was selected to carry an M&P during patrol duties. They show wear pretty quickly, meaning the blue fades at a pretty unreasonable rate. The test was six weeks long, involved normal handling and qualification fire and it was assessed to have more fire power, better in hand feel, than the M9. I own an m&p .45, for what its used for its just as reliable as glock but without the feel of holding a toy. I dunno if that is just me. Glocks feel like toys to me, viva la XDM!!

Back
Top Bottom