• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Noob

Make sure you also put on suppressor height iron sights. I have an RMR, and if your stance or alignment is off, you can waste a lot of time looking for that dot. The irons are a great reference point to line up and find the dot.

I find myself using the irons for real close quick shots, and the red dot when targets are a little further away.

You can always go this route.
20170117_175439.jpg

Make sure you also put on suppressor height iron sights. I have an RMR, and if your stance or alignment is off, you can waste a lot of time looking for that dot. The irons are a great reference point to line up and find the dot.

I find myself using the irons for real close quick shots, and the red dot when targets are a little further away.

Would you mind posting a picture? I'd love for you to elaborate more. Very helpful

You can always go this route. View attachment 1032862
The concept I am wanting out of the Glock is subsonic. .45 ACP fits for the subsonic rounds. You can get 9MM in subsonic but every .45 round is subsonic. Also, a G26 would be a great carry gun of choice, however I don't plan on carrying this firearm. My carry firearm is an SR9C

Would you mind posting a picture? I'd love for you to elaborate more. Very helpful

Glock19.jpg

Notice how the sights sit higher than the base of the RMR.. This allows you to see your irons through the RMR. Like GaTechCCW said, makes for a great reference point to help find your red dot more quickly. Plus, if your RMR ever stops working for whatever reason, you can still use your iron sights. Even without the RMR, you'd need them to see over the supressor anyway.

See if these pictures help? Notice the suppressor sights are cowitnessed. In the second picture, I'm drawing my gun, there is no red dot in sight, but I can see my XS dot and my rear sight. This would be good enough for a very close distance shot on a torso.

In the final picture, I can use my irons to simply line them up and see the red dot come into the picture.

Not sure if I'm explaining clearly, but it's definitely helpful in my opinion to have them like this. It's also a great backup.

Attachments

• IMG_8472.JPG
    IMG_8472.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8473.JPG
    IMG_8473.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8474.JPG
    IMG_8474.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom