Glock "Perfection" Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Worthy

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
22   0
Reaction score
Yes, another post about Glocks being overrated.
I'm curious where this "perfection" is that Glock and glock suckers tout.
I want to say early gen 3s had issues, gen 4s had a lot of issues when they came out, and the new M series, possible future gen 5s, are having problems as well and some were recalled.
Is it the ergonomics? The shape and angle of Glocks are poor.
The looks? Hell no.
Sights? The rear sight is junk.
It must be the trigger then, right? Meh, their triggers are okay but certainly not great.

As every Glock owner says, "they just work."
So a Glock's reliability makes it perfect? Not really. Obviously not every single Glock is perfect, same as any other firearm.
Smith and Wesson, Sig, Ruger, Springfield, Beretta, Walther, HK, CZ, Colt, Kimber, Kahr, etc etc etc all make reliable handguns for the most part.
And no, the torture tests you're about to link are meaningless, unless maybe you work at a peanut butter factory.

Glock's disassembly is simple though so that's something.
So again, Glock boys, where is the perfection?

Well I am not usually out spoken about Glocks but from my experience I must say the Glock Warranty is one of he best in the business. I have had to send guns back to Smith, colt and Ruger. All of which I had to pay shipping for. I also had to pay for the repairs at Smith and Colt. I have had all my Glocks serviced by Glock and never ever have they charged my a penny for any services or parts that were replaced.

That may not be perfect but in my opinion that is pretty damned good!

ive never had an issue with any of my 3rd gens. or my glock 42
I think I remember gen 3s having issues early on, I'm not completely sure on that. But I know gen 4s had problems and the "gen 5s" are having issues so far.

Well I am not usually out spoken about Glocks but from my experience I must say the Glock Warranty is one of he best in the business. I have had to send guns back to Smith, colt and Ruger. All of which I had to pay shipping for. I also had to pay for the repairs at Smith and Colt. I have had all my Glocks serviced by Glock and never ever have they charged my a penny for any services or parts that were replaced.

That may not be perfect but in my opinion that is pretty damned good!
What repairs did you have to pay for? That's odd.

I paid less than 400 bucks for it, never clean it, wear it every day IWB, swim in rivers with it on, and when I shoot it at the range it works every time. No signs of rust or wear, and even if it did, it was less than 400 bucks so who cares? Magazines can be found for 10 bucks often and are plentiful, replacement parts are cheap and plentiful, and the company which just happens to be down the street has some of the best customer service in the business if the need should ever arise.

I only own one Glock, and it is the gun I carry every day. Is it pretty? Nope/ Does it have a silky smooth action and trigger? Nope. Is is ergonomically perfect for my body? Nope. If I ever need to depend on it to protect my life or the lives of those I love can I depend on it? You're damn right.

Do I think other guns suck? Nope. Am I smart enough to realise that "Perfection" is a marketing slogan and not a statement? You bet.

Do I think it's funny that the Glock haters are more vocal and asinine than the Glock tard fan boys and are exponentially more annoying? Yep.

Seriously though. I have never had 1 ftf fte or any sort of failure out of a factory glock. I have only owned gen 2 and 3 models. The triggers do need work but a $15 dollar connector does a pretty good job with that and a zev full trigger upgrade makes it almost perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom