Glock "Perfection" Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember gen 3s having issues early on, I'm not completely sure on that. But I know gen 4s had problems and the "gen 5s" are having issues so far.

What repairs did you have to pay for? That's odd.
I had a Smith model 60 that had some pushoff and the timing fixed. It cost me over $255 including the shipping. The Colt had the spring housing that holds the safety and slide lock come loose. It cost me over $125.00 for repairs and shipping. Had a Ruger Single Six that had a timing issue. Ruger replaced the gun but I had to pay shipping and transfer fees. That cost me around $65.00.

In 2007 Glock celebrated their five millionth sale. Wonder what that number is today? Double? Triple?
Don't really care but you can humor me. They're popular for two reasons: police and military use them, and because of capacity since people think they'll need 15+ rounds.

I've owned a few and still have a few.
They work. I have other weapons I shoot better and many I shoot worse.
Guns are like women. You may not like that one at the bar but I bet some dude do.
Just walk away and let the other guy have what he likes.

I had a Smith model 60 that had some pushoff and the timing fixed. It cost me over $255 including the shipping. The Colt had the spring housing that holds the safety and slide lock come loose. It cost me over $125.00 for repairs and shipping. Had a Ruger Single Six that had a timing issue. Ruger replaced the gun but I had to pay shipping and transfer fees. That cost me around $65.00.
That's weird. I wouldn't pay for any repairs if it was from the factory and not a user's fault.

You pay or you don't get you gun back.
No, you say "these were issues not caused by me, but by your screw up and it somehow slipped through your QA. I don't feel confident in your firearms if this is a common issue and this is how you handled it. I already paid $xxx for a gun that doesn't work."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom