• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock questions...

Handloading and Glocks? I can't make myself even consider a Glock because only with an aftermarket barrel, or some kind of mod, will they shoot handloads safely. I've seen a lot of post about "cheap reloads" being the problem when people have issues with their Glocks. I'm glad unsupported chambers and poly rifling doesn't seem to be necessary in my 1911s', XDs' and M&Ps'. I own, load for, and shoot several. I can't stand people running down "reloads." I recognize ignorance, and just plain "snobs" when I read their post, or hear them speak. I'll take my ammo over any factory load everytime. I know I'll stir the ire of many Glock owners that read this. That's not my goal. Just please layoff running down "reloads" if you really don't understand why they don't function in your "GLOCK". I'm not running down your Glock because they won't shoot quality hand crafted ammo safely, am I ? Thanks' ChuckDog.

Glocks fire any quality ammo period!

I have not heard anyone "running down" quality reloads. I use allot of reloads in all my weapons not just my glocks.
I use one prominent brand of reloads because I KNOW there will be at least one failure each mag, and I can run miss feed routines. Helps me stay sharp. That brand is junk and very cheap, QC is very poor: bulging cases. bent cases, bad primers ect ect ect.
Good reloads are easy to find cheap and plentiful.

Glocks fire any quality ammo period!

I have not heard anyone "running down" quality reloads. I use allot of reloads in all my weapons not just my glocks.
I use one prominent brand of reloads because I KNOW there will be at least one failure each mag, and I can run miss feed routines. Helps me stay sharp. That brand is junk and very cheap, QC is very poor: bulging cases. bent cases, bad primers ect ect ect.
Good reloads are easy to find cheap and plentiful.

Glocks are fine pistols, I'm not implying otherwise. But if you read many boards, you will read post of a "buddies cheap reloaded stuff" jamming up or blowing up their Glocks. I think Lone Wolf is one, Barstohl, Storm Lake, and others manufacture quality aftermarket barrels for people that understand the design characteristics of the factory Glock barrel. Much of my ammo is loaded with hard cast bullets at moderate velocity, and is perfectly safe to shoot in any firearm, except firearms using generous chamber dimensions and even more so the polygonal rifling the Glock and some others use. The loose chamber dimensions make them very reliable feeders, but in turn they work the brass more than a pistol with less generous dimensions, leading to a shortened case life at best. The poly rifling used by these manufactures' deliver a high level of performance, both in accuracy and velocity, but at a price. The poly rifling will cause some high pressures very quick using lead bullets. None of this if faulting either in my book. It's just how it is. I accept these things, all I ask is for the people who shoot these pistols to understand why they will have issues shooting some "Quality Reloads". I'm basing my statements on info I've gained from reading as many different sources I can, not on what I believe, just the facts as I read them. I'm not a scientist, or an engineer, just a fellow shooter, and yes handloader that wants a fair shake. I love my 1911s' as much as many of you love your Glocks', I accept that the 1911 is a great pistol, not perfect though, the same is true of the Glock. Most of my 1911s' cost twice what the average Glock sells for, so you know I wouldn't load and run anything less than what I knew to be the safest loads in them. I wouldn't run +P loads in any of them, I have lighter springs and very tight chambers, I know it would shorten the life and possibly cause serious failure in them. But your stock Glocks will sit and chew the +P+ stuff all day without a hitch. They are what they are, Chuckdog.

I finally put two mags through it Sunday...no problems, fed fine with all kinds of ammo. Nothing bad to say about it. Nothing really to get excited about, either. I am telling myself maybe I'll get excited after a couple hundred rounds through it and get used to the trigger.
I've got a Beretta M9 that is absolutely a pleasure to shoot. First time I took it out, I fell in love with it. Sort of expected the same thing with the Glock but it did not happen.

jeepin..........well said. I 100% agree. i was at Forsyth county pawn yesterday and they had some Glock that were classified used but if you laid a new one side by side you wouldn't to be able to tell the difference. I opended on of them up and it still had the Glock brass colored lube in it. SPD is also running that join Glock club and the LE price. I walked out with a new G19 RTF2 with 3 mags, a free pocket knife for 469$ and thats with the tax included . Not a bad deal with the free extra mag.

3 years, 25 days

i.imgur.com_qNHP6by.jpg

www.tv_intros.com_t_thats_20incedible.jpg

Yeah and I was actually quoting something from a completely different thread.

Back
Top Bottom